Show phimcachnhietgiare.info as: Mobile

MBA (I.T.) vs MIS - Forum

8/31/2015 7:32 PM   shashank

Hey I have some queries regarding MBA vs MIS . I have completed my B.E in I.T. (2006) from State University scoring 70 %(3.2 GPA), currently having 8.5 years of experience as Business Analyst/Consultant/QA with 2 US MNC's (fortune 500 companies). I am planning to pursue my Masters outside India. I met few counselors and one of them suggested for me to go for either MIS or MBA in Information Technology as this will give justification to my IT experience plus my aspiration of staying in the IT field.

My primary aim is to obtain management positions in IT and not so interested in HR/Finance domain. They told me there is no point to go for Master's in Computer Science after 8+ yrs of experience.I have not yet given GMAT/GRE and TOFELL/IELTS. I will be writing my GMAT in November. Can you please offer suggestions for me:

1. Is MIS related to management with IT subjects ? (I saw a few university courses and feel that MIS would help me more )
  2. What is difference in MIS and MBA in IT? (since IT/Project management specialization will come in second year with general MBA , is it more focused to IT vs MIS ? )
  3. Job prospect of MIS and MBA in IT ?(How do top Employers see 8.5 yrs + MIS vs 8.5yrs + MBA (I.T.) and future prospects?)
  4. If I choose MIS / MBA in which my work experience will act as added advantage? Which will benefit more? (MIS will give more justification to my work ex or MBA?)
  5. GMAT score can be used for both MIS / MBA?

Thanks in advance!!

Win an iPad!

Take our survey to enter the draw.

CAREER TEST

Find your perfect career!

Take the test

FIND A SCHOLARSHIP

Download our scholarship guide with a list of hundreds of study abroad scholarships.

Download for free

Get education news straight to your inbox

Enter your details below to get the latest news on international education and studying abroad!

This field is used for controlling automatic form submits. Please leave it blank:
Enter your details:

Connect with us!