Show phimcachnhietgiare.info as: Mobile

Study medicine in Holland - Forum

1/25/2011 9:40 AM   Student assistant
My name is Ulla. I am currently a second year medical student attending the University of Groningen in Holland and also work as a student ambassador here. I know how hard it can be to apply to medical school because you want the best quality for the price and you want to make sure that it is the right place for you to study.

I can only speak from my own experiences. I am originally from Stockholm, Sweden and I came here after I graduated from high school and this school went above and beyond my expectations. The University of Groningen offers a international bachelor of medicine in English and a master of medicine in Dutch (mostly due to patient contact issues), all in all it is 6 years. Don't worry about learning Dutch, you get three years to take all the Dutch courses you need.

If you want to contact us student ambassadors directly (which is me and my German colleague) please do not hesitate to do so. Also I will be personally answering any questions or comments posted below.

RE: Study medicine in Holland
3/16/2011 11:52 PM   Pri

Hi Ulla,

I would love to hear more about the university. I will be emailing with a list of questions- if that is OK?

5/12/2011 6:36 PM   lucky

Hello Ulla I want to do my pg in orthopedics from Holland please guide me, this is my mail id [email protected] Please send me all the details, thanks.

11/14/2011 11:04 PM   faye

Hi have graduated in Veterinary Sciences from the RVC in London and have BSc. Would I get any reduction in my course if I trained in Medicine in Holland please could you check that out for me?
Thanks

11/17/2011 2:07 PM   ulla

Dear Faye
Unfortunately you won't get any reduction and you will have to start from year one.
Kind regards,
Ulla

11/17/2011 4:10 PM   faye

Thank you for your kind assistance.

1/30/2012 6:23 AM   phill

Hey Ulla, I would have a list of questions if you could send me your email contact I'll mail them to you. Thanks, Phill [email protected]

2/8/2012 5:45 AM   1

Hello, I am a student in the Philippines in the first year. Can you help and guide me? Can I get a transfer to the Netherlands? What is the cost of medical education in the Netherlands?

2/8/2012 8:30 PM   Nuri

Hi,

I have been researching on an undergraduate medical (medicine) degree in Holland, in English. I am from the UK and I am interested in studying in Holland.

Could you please help me by answering some of my questions?

Does this university offer an undergraduate medical degree in English?
If I were to apply, do you need to sit an assessment exam?
In regards to tuition fees, what do EU students pay and can they receive bursaries or grants?
Is there a deadline for the application?
Do you offer paid internships or employment for students who have a professional qualification?

I hope that wasn't too many questions.
Your time and reply is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Nur Ali

2/10/2012 1:38 PM   ulla

You would have to start from year 1 unfortunately! You can find new info on the program here: www.rug.nl/umcg/informatieVoor/studiekiezers/selectie/decentralizesSelectionMedicine It is about 32,000 for non-EU students.

2/10/2012 1:44 PM   ulla

This is a great undergraduate medical program in English indeed! Yes check the website for the procedure to get accepted : www.rug.nl/umcg/informatieVoor/studiekiezers/selectie/decentralizesSelectionMedicine It is really cheap to study here for a EU student: 1,600 euros a year. The problem with employement is the languege, most jobs require you to speak Dutch. I am sure you can get student loans from the UK though? I hope this helped! .-Ulla

5/27/2012 8:16 AM   sudharsan

I am an Indian student doing my mbbs, can you please give me the info about pg medical courses there, admission procedure for a non eu citizen and the fee structure.... thanks in advance

8/13/2012 4:37 AM   The Dreamer

Dear Ulla, Hope all is well -my case is a bit different. I'm a school drop out because I became a mother and business owner, but it has been my long life dream to become a doctor. It's a feeling hard to describe. I always planed to study medicine when I'm in my 50's as you may notice becoming a doctor is something that I simply love. At this moment an opportunity might be present and I might move to Holland and I was wondering what are the list of things that I need in other to qualify for the University of Amsterdam. So far I think it the closer one to Haarlem.. right? I asume I could take an exam? it is posible? I have a Dutch passport P.S. This process might take me a year to relocate. Please advise. Regards, The dreamer

9/19/2012 3:16 AM   Roberta

Hi Ulla, I am a Brazilian nurse and my husband is moving to Eindhoven to work there. So, I am decided to try to study medicine in Netherlands. Thus, I would like to know what how much I need to pay per year or per month. Can you help me? Thank you very much. Best Regards, Roberta

9/21/2012 9:42 PM   pemsi

Hi, when does the application for the admission for 2012/2013 start?

1/6/2013 9:04 AM   khalid fatah

Dear Ulla, my daughter is currently studying medicine at AIRLANGGA UNIVERSITY in Surabaya, Indonesia. She is finishing towards her 4th year there. She wants to continue her medical studies in Holland. Can she continue there straight into her 4th year or she will have to repeat some subject recognised by Holland universities? Thank you

2/3/2013 4:39 AM   Riz lopez

Hi, I will be graduating this year from a high school in Texas, and I would like to know how much it will cost me to graduate from a medical school in Holland? Is there any speaking English medical school in Holland? Thank you!

2/4/2013 6:35 PM   The Educations.com Team

Hi,

Follow this link to find healthcare and medicine programs in Holland on Educations.com.

Regarding costs, it can vary from program to program. I recommend submitting an information request once you find a program you're interested in. You can do that using the form on the program's page on our site.

For more information about studying in Holland, check out our study guide for the country here: study in Holland.

Good luck finding your education!

2/21/2013 11:43 AM   Aftab

Hello buddy even I'm also looking for that course if you get any details please share with me. Thank you -Aftab. [email protected]

4/12/2013 4:48 PM   emipe086

Hi Ulla! My name is Emily. I study medicine in Sweden, currently in year 4. I would like to ask you some questions about the possibility of working in Holland once you graduate from here. How does the system work? Do I have to get my license first? And so on. My questions exceeds the meaning of this forum, so I was wondering if I could have personal email contact with you (since you are from Sweden and know more about our system and then I could also write in Swedish. Please respond, it would be most helpful: [email protected] Kind regards Emily, Linköping.

4/20/2013 4:36 PM   SDFGZ

When is the deadline for EU applicants? Is there any chance to apply if it has already passed?

5/4/2013 2:02 AM   WESSAM

Hi, I have a master in internal medicine from Egypt. I want to continue to study in Holland. Please advise me, my email is: [email protected]

5/5/2013 3:40 PM   matias

Hi Ulla! I am studying biomedical sciences in Zambia but then I want to come study medicine in Holland. What's in it for me? I have good grades in math, biology, chemistry, physics, and english. Advise me please, or you can email me at [email protected]

6/23/2013 8:13 AM   hamid

Dear Ulla, I am currently a fifth year medical student attending the Balkh University in Afghanistan and I am engaged with a girl who is living in Netherlands. After finishing university if I decide to live in Netherlands, will my university diploma be accepted in Netherlands, and if not is there any opportunity to attend university? Please give me complete information about student life and part time work for student income to maintain necessities of life. I mean can somebody study university and work part time to live normally (home rent,food,clothing and university charge) without any other supports? Thank you, Hameedullah Mobin

8/6/2013 7:27 PM   salman

Dear Sir, I passed my higher secondary school examination in pre-medical and I want to study in Holland, please tell me about the full medical program in Holland and I want to know that all the study for international student is in English and how many years of bachelor program. Thank you

5/29/2014 5:32 PM   Adriana Serna

Hi,
I would like to study my career of medicine in the Netherlands, I originally come from Colombia, and I would like to know all the procedures I need to follow in order to come to Holland and study there. Could you please assit me with all the necesary information. I thank you in advance for all your support on this matter.

Kind Regards,

Adriana S.

9/14/2014 8:11 PM   [email protected]

Hey, I'm a 1st year mbbs student studying in Ukraine and I wish to get myself a transfer to Netherland universities in the coming years...is it possible for me to continue in Netherlands without loosing any years??

9/18/2014 6:04 PM   Liana Grigoriadi

Hi.
My name is Liana Grigoriadi.
Currently, I am a high school student at Rhodes Island, Greece.
I am very interest in the University of Groningen for the BSc in Medicine
I would love to learn even more about the entry requirements for prospective student coming from Greece.
Also, Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Liana

Medical post graduation in Netherlands
9/30/2014 9:49 PM   Dr vartika

I am an Indian and I have graduated from Yerevan state medical university Armenia. I would like to do my post graduate from Netherlands. Kindly guide me with relevant information.

Medical post graduation in Netherlands
9/30/2014 9:49 PM   Dr vartika

I am an Indian and I have graduated from Yerevan state medical university Armenia. I would like to do my postgraduation from Netherlands. Kindly guide me with relevant information.

RE: RE: Study medicine in Holland
10/1/2014 9:09 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

Each university has their own protocol when it comes to transfer credits. The best way to find out about admission procedures is to contact the university directly. You can find the programs we have listed in the Netherlands here. When you find a program of interest, complete an information request form. This will be sent directly to the university and they'll assist you further. 

Best of luck, 

Educations.com

RE: Medical post graduation in Netherlands
10/1/2014 9:44 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello, 

The best way to find more information about programs in the Netherlands is to search through our programs here. You can read more about life in the Netherlands with our study guide. If you find a program of interest, complete an information request form. This will be sent to the university and they can assist you with information on post-graduate studies. 

Best, 

Educations.com

Study medicine in Holland
12/30/2014 1:40 PM   maryam

I have been researching an undergraduate medical (medicine or dentistry) degree in Holland. I am from the UK and I am interested in studying in Holland. 

Does this university offer an undergraduate medical degree?
How much are the fees? How long will the course be?

Do you offer paid internships or employment for students?
Looking forward to your response.

Regards, 
Maryam

1/9/2015 9:09 PM   Wynn

Hi Ulla

I'm a pharmacist in Finland and I'm thinking of studying medschool in Groningen. Can you tell me what kind of test they have and how can I prepare for it plus do you know the duration of the test?

Thanks very much!

Wynn

2/11/2015 10:50 PM   [email protected]

Hi I am doing my PhD in the Netherlands and in a year I will be Dutch also. How much does it cost for Dutch citizens then to study Medicine there? Is there any age limit?

2/13/2015 9:57 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello, 

As every country differs with tuition fees for citizens, the best way to find out current information is to contact the Dutch Embassy. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information. 

Best, 

Educations.com

2/14/2015 3:31 PM   suzan

Hi.
I am very interested in studying medicine at Groningen.
I have graduated from high school and I am Swedish. What are your entry requirements for Swedish students? When should I apply and how?

Yours gratefully, 
Suzan

2/16/2015 8:24 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi Suzan,

The best way to find out entry requirements for Groningen is to contact the university directly. This may be done by completing the information request form. This will be sent to the university and they will happily provide you with more detailed information. 

Best of luck with your future studies,

Educations.com

2/16/2015 8:25 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi Suzan,

The best way to find out entry requirements for Groningen is to contact the university directly. This may be done by completing the information request form. This will be sent to the university and they will happily provide you with more detailed information. 

Educations.com

3/28/2015 8:27 PM   saba

Hello,
I am a first year MBBS, in Karachi, Pakistan. I have been meaning to get a transfer and your university has been a keen interest of mine. Please, would you tell me what procedures would I have to go undergo all the way from here? Also, does your univeristy offer MBBS program?

Please, respond as soon as possible, it'd be very helpful.
Thank you

5/13/2015 9:27 PM   faisal

Hi this is Faisal, I need some help regarding admission in the Netherlands. I want to study medicine with a specialty in gastroenterology but can't find any university or institute for this. Can any one help me kindly? 

7/21/2015 9:01 PM   EEE

I like studying medicine

7/22/2015 8:56 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

Medicine is an exciting and challenging field! You may browse through the programs we have listed in medicine here. Using the filters, you may browse by location, level, scholarship, and internship. 

Once you find a program of interest, complete an information request form. This will be sent directly to the university and they'll assist you further. 

Best of luck with your studies, 

Educations.com

8/11/2015 7:01 PM   Andreas Christofides

I come from Cyprus. I would like to study medicine in Holland in English only. Could you please inform me for the entry requirements and the cost (tuition fees per year)?

Many thanks
Andreas

8/18/2015 11:11 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello, 

Medicine is certainly a good study choice with many career opportunities after graduation. You may search through the programs we have listed in medicine here.  

Using the filters at the top of the page, you may search by level, scholarship, and internship. Once you find a program of interest, please complete an information request form. This will be sent directly to the university and they'll happily assist you further. 

Educations.com 

8/19/2015 3:27 AM   [email protected]

Can I apply with a MBO/PKL diploma?

8/28/2015 6:07 PM   Muhammed ahmed

Hey, I am Moe from Egypt and I am a 3rd year medical student am asking abut the possibility of continuing in Holland and what languages I need and the costs. Should I have special grades?

8/31/2015 9:32 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi Moe, 

Continuing your studies in Holland sounds like a great plan. As each individual university has their own requirements for language and grades, it is best to select a few universities in the Netherlands that you'd be interested in studying at and then request the requirements directly from the university. 

Best of luck with your medical studies, 

Educations.com

10/14/2015 2:53 PM   Sandra

How do I apply to the university? It's really important

10/15/2015 10:38 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello, 

In order to apply for a program, you must inquire with the school directly as each has their own entry requirements. This can be done by searching through the medical programs we have listed. When you find a program you are interested in applying to, please complete the information request form. This will be sent to the school and they'll provide all the information you need for your application. 

Best of luck with you medical studies,

/Educations.com

10/23/2015 6:12 PM   Belle

Hello!

I am a Canadian with an EU passport. I am interested in studying medicine in the Netherlands. What would the tuition fees be for me? I do not have a permanent address in Europe.

Best,
Belle

10/27/2015 7:37 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi Belle, 

Many schools in Europe do not charge tuition fee for students with an EU passport, but the best way to verify this would be to contact the school you are interested in studying directly and inquire. You may begin by search through the programs in the Netherlands on our site. 

When you find a suitable program, please complete an information request. This form will be sent directly to the school and you may then inquire about tuition rates for EU passport holders. 

Wishing you the best with your studies in the Netherlands!

/Educations.com

11/7/2015 7:20 AM   dr

Hello Ulla, I want to do my PG in orthopedics in Holland. Please guide me! My second choice of country can be Germany or Sweden. I have already given my email ID in above mentioned area. Please send me all the details, thanks.

11/7/2015 3:23 PM   Aleks Soskic

Hey Ulla :)

Can you tell me how my chances are to be accepted at a MedSchool in the Netherlands? Which grades should i have for example? What about previous academic diplomas (next year i'm finishing a master's degree in mechanical engineering) does this increase my chances? 

Thank you for the information.

Best,
Aleks

11/19/2015 7:20 PM   bahman alizadeh

Hi
I am the student of Queen Mary University of London and this year I will graduate with a BSC degree in biomedical sciences. How I can apply to the dentistry program? Regards

11/20/2015 3:06 PM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

The best way to apply for a program is by first selecting the school you are interested in attending by browsing through the dental programs on Educations.com. Once you find a program you are interested in apply to, please complete an information request form. This will be sent to the university and they can assist you further with the admissions process. 

Best, 

/Educations.com

12/3/2015 10:41 AM   tr

Hi Ulla!

I am a South African looking to study in Holland. Will I be able to learn sufficient Dutch in the three years to allow me to practice as a medical doctor in Holland? Also, once the course is completed will we be able to practice worldwide or are we restricted to Holland?

Jessica

12/18/2015 6:46 PM   Asdfffgg

Hi!
I am in the last year of high school and I am interested in studying medicine in Holland. My family can not pay me the school cost and I wanted to ask how much costs a year and does it help me the to get any scholarship if I do an SAT or TOEFL exam? Please help me as soon possible.

12/24/2015 7:23 PM   Eli

Hi,
I'm a medical student in Italy (currently first year), and I would like to live in the Netherlands.
Is there any possibility to get transferred to a university there ?
Thank you very much.

12/26/2015 12:45 PM   Aymin

Hi! I want information regarding this university. I just completed my SSC part from Pakistan. I'm a Dutch national. I want to do a MBBS from Holland in English. I need your help, please answer me!

12/28/2015 4:59 PM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

There certainly is a chance for you to transfer to a different school while retaining some of the credits you have already earned. Each school has different policies for transfer students, so it would be best to contact the school directly to see what credits they will accept.

You may search through the medical programs in the Netherlands. If you find a school you are interested in transferring to, please complete an information request form. This will be sent to the school and they'll assist you with transfer information. 

Best of luck,

/Educations.com

12/28/2015 5:03 PM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi there, 

Many schools in the Netherlands offer programs instructed in English for international students. You may search through the master of business programs listed on our site. Once you find a program you'd like to learn more about, please complete an information request form. This will be sent directly to the school and they'll be glad to assist you with the admission procedures. 

Best, 

/Educations.com

1/7/2016 1:45 PM   zeyad

What are the requirements for SAT takers to enter a medical program? What are the costs?

1/28/2016 6:57 PM   raghavj

Dear Ulla, I wish to pursue my PG in medicine in the Netherlands. Can you kindly elaborate on the program? Thanks

2/2/2016 11:12 AM   raksmey

Hi
I would like to know more about scholarship in medicine to study in Netherlands. Can you give me any information? I am a medical doctor from Cambodia and I would like to continue my study in Netherlands.

2/3/2016 7:31 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

There are many medical programs offering scholarships to international students. You may search through the programs we have listed, and when you find a suitable school, please complete an information request form. This will be sent directly to the university and they'll provide you with more information about how to apply. 

Best of luck with your studies, 

/Educations.com

3/2/2016 3:25 PM   Faisal jamali

Hi Ulla, can you help me in getting admission into a masters programme in gastroenterology or dermatology?

3/6/2016 3:39 PM   leyre

Hello Ulla, I am going to finished my fourth year of medicine and I would like to do a summer internship in Amsterdam, how could I make that happen ??? It is hard for me to contact doctors.

3/7/2016 11:39 PM   lia

Hello Ulla,

I would like to ask if I'm already finishing my MD and would like to continue for post-graduate specialization in the Netherlands what kind of requirements must I complete? Do I have to take extra years as well before I can go for the actual post-graduate specialization training? Thanks before

3/12/2016 12:51 PM   Monika

Hi Ulla,

I'm currently in my last year of high school in Indonesia and I'm greatly interested in studying medicine at Groningen.
Could you please assist me with all the requirements for Indonesian student? How does the system work? How and when is the best time to apply?

Thanks

3/18/2016 11:42 AM   Lina

Hello, I'd like to get in contact with you as I have a few questions. I was wondering how I'd be able to!
It is of course, concerning the University and the issue I am personally having, it would be of great help.
Thank you!

4/11/2016 6:01 PM   kjb

Information about studies please

4/12/2016 5:59 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

You can find all the programs listed in medicine in the Netherlands. To learn more about a program, complete an information request form. The school will then contact you directly with more information.

Good luck with your medical studies, 

/Educations.com

4/13/2016 6:51 PM   anita statovci

I'm from Kosovo (not in Europe). I'm interested in studying medicine and I'm in the last year of high school. I can speak English but not Dutch. I would like to study there and Im looking for a University scholarship in English. I hope you will help me!!

4/14/2016 6:04 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

Many programs in the Netherlands are instructed in English, so language will most likely not be an issue. Here is a program offered by Erasmus University which offers scholarships in medicine for students. 

If you'd like to learn more, complete the information request form to contact the university. 

Best of luck with your medical studies, 

/Educations.com

4/19/2016 10:49 AM   Carlotta

Hi Ulla,
I was in Groningen this February and sat the decentralized selection exam. Unfortunately I didn't make it into the top 410...
I was wondering whether it is possible for me to re-apply to Molecular Medicine in 2017 and resit the exam.
During that one year I will probably be studying Biomedical Scineces at Maastricht. Will this give me an advantage?

I was very sad because I thought I did well but in one component (the multiple choice one) but then it turned out that I did well on the multiple choice and really bad in all the others resulting in a negative Z score :(

I don't even understand how they mark the exams. Like for the last component we had to decide how responsible different decision are that that we're give to a problem... Like is there a right decision that will get you full marks?!
I hope you can help.
Thank you in advance

Carlotta

5/9/2016 1:08 PM   Glafy

Hi Ulla, I am an Indian, I would like to do MBBS in Holland, what is the fee structure, how many yrs do we need to do an undergraduate  in medicine? After undergrad, can we do p.g. in other countries, and is the university attached to a hospital?

6/9/2016 12:26 PM   Annelise

Hello Ula,

I am currently in 11th grade going into 12th grade soon doing the IB, international baccalaureate. Most universities look at how many points out of a maximum of 45 possible you have, but I heard that Holland cares about how you do in entry exams and in the first year of uni. I currently have 33 points, and I am not sure if that would be enough for me to be accepted to study medicine in english at Groningen for the first 3 years.

I took higher level biology, chemistry and english literature, and standard level mathematics, german and economics. I was not able to take 3 sciences at my school, so I will take physics during the summer. Do you think you could help me figure out if i have a good chance of getting into Groningen? Also, how are the entry exams ? What subjects are they based on?

I would love to hear back from you, I really need some help :)

6/19/2016 4:08 PM   parkash lumar

I am doing my MBBS in Pakistan and after I finish, I want to do my PG in surgery. Kindly tell me the whole process and all requirements.

6/21/2016 5:23 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

Choosing to continue your studies after you graduate helps you retain the knowledge you've acquired and apply it towards a higher level of certification. 

You may browse through the PG diplomas in Medicine. If you find a program you'd like to learn more about, complete an information request form. The university will then contact you shortly with more information regarding the application process and the requirements for entry. 

Best,

/Educations.com 

6/22/2016 12:11 AM   Eduardo

Hello. I am a Turkish citizen just moved to Germany. I have completed all my education including bachelor of science in computer engineering in Turkey. I have taken 4 majors in high school, maths, physics, chemistry and biology and I have a very good high school degree. But my problem is, I don't remember most of them anymore, like biology and chemistry. Maths is still there of course and physics is not completely gone too. Because it has almost been 10 years since I have graduated from high school. Are there any learning materials for their exams that I can study from? I have completed my bachelor 100% in english so English won't be a problem for me.

6/24/2016 9:36 PM   Marc

You should be careful, there is a big difference between universities of a applied science (hogeschool in Dutch), and universities (universiteit in Dutch). The former are of a lower level, and intended for vocational bachelors degrees, the latter are aimed at scientific bachelors and masters degrees. Most programs at hogeschool are in Dutch, but I suppose international relationships, or European studies if they have them would be in English. Hogeschool entry requirements are probably lower than at an universiteit. Leiden University is a higher level university, ranking somewhere in the top 100 on world wide lists.

7/11/2016 10:27 AM   Mia

Hi.
I am medical doctor. I earned my degree in Bosnia and Herzegovina (meaning I am non-EU citizen). Recently, I worked as a teaching assistant on the Faculty of Medicine in my country. In September, I will be relocating to The Hague, where my husband got a job.

I am familiar with the procedure I am supposed to go through, but, since I haven't been working as a doctor, I forgot a lot of the things I have learned back in student days. My question is, apart from the book suggested for learning Dutch at the BIG official page, do you have any other books to suggest for preparing Basic Medical Knowledge, Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills test?

Thanks in advance. 

Sincerely,
Mia

7/20/2016 2:02 PM   Ana Rita

Hello,

I have been admitted to the Bachelor's Program in Medicine at the University of Groningen, my study program will start on September of this year. My question is, after I obtain my Bachelor's degree in medicine, do I have direct access to the Masters Program in Medicine at the University of Groningen, or would I need to do any type of tests?

8/1/2016 2:15 AM   Precious

Hello, I am an international student hoping to study medicine and I just wanted to know what the entry requirements are and if there are any entry exams. If there are, how do I prepare myself for it and how can I get past papers for my preparation. Please help me out. Thank you so much.

8/2/2016 9:18 PM   Joyeeta Maria Mundle

I would like to enquire about MBBS courses available in Holland which are suitable for Indian high school graduates. Please would you help me with information about fees, living costs, hostels and curriculum? Thanking you in advance.

8/3/2016 6:54 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello Joyeeta, 

Holland has many top-notch medical programs for international students. You can browse through the MBBS programs in Holland

In order to learn about tuition, fees, and housing options, please complete an information request form. The university will then contact you directly with more details. 

/Educations.com

8/3/2016 3:02 PM   Maria

Hello, I am 17 years old and I want to study dentistry in Holland. I am about to start my A2 this year and I am supposed to apply to university. But I do not really know what the entry requirements are or how does the interview process work, and i'm just overall confused.

8/4/2016 7:53 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello Maria, 

The process of finding a suitable program can be a bit overwhelming! You can begin by having a look at the dentistry study guide. After that, you may browse through the programs in dentistry

Generally schools require applicants to have a high school diploma, English proficiency (if the program is instructed in English), and sometimes recommendation letters, or an interview. As each program and school has their own requirements, the best way is to contact the school directly for the program you are interested in applying to. You may do this by completing an information request form on the program page.

Best of luck with your dental studies!

/Educations.com 

8/8/2016 3:13 PM   wesal

Hello, 

I am an international student, I want to study medicine in Holland. However I'm really confused about what to start from. I mean regarding the application process and making the right decisions.

8/10/2016 5:24 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello, 

Many students feel similarly when they begin their search for educational programs. I would suggest for you to begin with a thorough search of the medical universities in the Netherlands.

Some things to consider when you are searching:

• The rank of the school both nationally and internationally
  • Where the university is located
  • Tuition and fees and if scholarships are available 
  • The duration of the program you have selected

In order to learn more about the application process, please complete an information request form on the program page you are interested in. The school will then contact you with details regarding the application process. 

/Educations.com

8/13/2016 8:36 PM   Tahir

Hi, I am a final year MBBS student in FJ Medical College Lahore and would like to further study and work in the Netherlands. Can anyone help please?

Thanks, 
Tahir

8/15/2016 8:36 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi Tahir, 

Many students are choosing the Netherlands for their studies because of the excellent environment and outstanding programs. 

In order to find out if you eligible to apply, have a look through our medical programs in the Netherlands. When you find a program you're interested in, fill out an information request form. You may ask your admission questions directly on this form which will be sent to the university. 

Best of luck with your future medical studies, 

/Educations.com

8/15/2016 11:16 AM   Bhaanavee ruggoo

I want to study medicine in Holland. Kindly provide tuition and fees and the cost of living.

8/16/2016 6:25 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello, 

The cost of living can vary depending on which area you live in, what type of accommodation you select, and if you work part-time during your studies. 

The best way to get a rough estimate of your student living costs is to first choose a few medical universities in the Netherlands you are interested in attending. Then you should research living costs such as rent, student job opportunities, etc. This will help give you an idea of what your costs will be.

For tuition fees, you must contact the schools directly to see how much each semester will be and if there is any type of financial aid or scholarships available for you. 

Hope that helps a bit,

/Educations.com

8/18/2016 7:52 PM   naz

May I contact you for some questions. I'm an international student interested in studying medicine in Holland

8/23/2016 6:14 PM   iiiNancyiii

Hello Ulla, is it possible for someone to finish the first 3 years of bachelor in medicine in Holland and then perhaps transfer to another english speaking EU uni to finish the other 3 years of masters in English? Or is this not possible and if so why?Thanks for taking the time to read my question! :)

9/1/2016 3:35 PM   alydahanum

Hi Ulla! I'm from Indonesia. I just finished my MD and would like to continue for post-graduate specialization in the Netherlands next year but I'm really confused where to start from.

What kind of requirements must I complete? Are there are any entry exams? Do I have to take extra years as well before I can go for the actual post-graduate specialization training? Please help me out. Thank you so much. 

9/11/2016 9:00 AM   ibrahim

Hey, I am Moe from Egypt and I am a 4rd year medical student am asking abut the possibility of continuing in Holland and what languages I need and the costs.

Thanks in advance,

Moe

9/11/2016 11:48 AM   Mahnoor

Hi

My name is Mahnoor Butt. I am currently living in South Africa and I am interested in studying medicine and surgery. I have applied to study medicine and surgery in my country but due to a large amount of applications every year the competition for selection is very tough and I did not get placement in any of the universities offering medicine and surgery.

I have matriculated in the year 2015 and have a national senior certificate (grade 12/matric) with an average of 80%. I also need financial assistance in order to study. I have heard a lot about the University of Groningen and would like to apply for study. Kindly assist me with the application process as I am highly interested in studying medicine.

9/11/2016 3:36 PM   Teresa Pereira

Dear Ulla

I am writing you from Portugal. My daughter is doing her best to get into medical school. She is a very good student but unfortunately she wasn't accepted in Portuguese schools.

She is half Dutch but we seldom have contact with our relatives there. How can she apply to the university in Groningen to study medicine? Would she still have a chance this year?

Thank you for your time.
I am looking forward to your reply.

My best regards ,

Teresa Pereira

9/13/2016 9:30 AM   Best

Hey :)

My name is May. 
I have a BSc in biology.
If I am to apply, do I have to start from the beginning or do I get any credit for previous qualification?
What are the requirements for applying?
What are the tuition fees?

Thank you very much for your time.
May

9/14/2016 3:57 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hey Moe, 

The Netherlands are an extremely popular place for students to study medicine! Programs are generally instructed in English and will usually require some type of language proficiency test such as IELTS. 

In order to learn more about tuition and fees, you may have a look at the medical programs offered in the Netherlands. When you find a program you are interested in applying for, please complete an information request form. The university will then contact you with more details about the program. 

/Educations.com

9/14/2016 4:04 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hello Mahnoor,

Competition can be tough, but you shouldn't let is dissuade you from following your dreams! In addition, there are many scholarships for medical schools available to students. 

To contact the University of Groningen, fill out this information request form. After submitting, the school will be in touch with you shortly to assist with the application process. 

Best, 

/Educations.com

9/14/2016 4:12 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hey May, 

It really depends on the program in which you apply to. Some schools will allow students to transfer their credits, while others will prefer the student to earn the credits from their own institution. The best way to find out if a school is willing to accept transfer credits is to speak with the admissions office. 

You can have a look through the bachelor programs in medicine here. To contact a school, please fill out an information request. The school will contact you directly when you have done this. 

/Educations.com

9/16/2016 8:05 PM   Sssd

Dear Ulla,

My name is Sarah am 29yrs and currently living in the Netherlands. I'm in my second year of nursing school. What are the chances for someone like me who wants to study medicine in the Netherlands. I only have my high school certificate.

9/19/2016 4:26 AM   Krista Kooiman

Hi,

I am from California, U.S. I am interested in Pre-Med, are there any prerequisites to admission into the program?

9/21/2016 7:47 PM   hey ullah!

Hey Ulla!

I am from Pakistan, I have some questions which I want to discuss personally. Please give me your email then I would be able to ask them, thanks!

9/22/2016 8:31 PM   [email protected]

Hi Ulla,

I intend to apply for the medicine course at Groningen and I need to know if there is any preparation material available so that I could be well prepared for the entrance test. If you may suggest any links, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

9/24/2016 10:16 PM   Maria

Hello,
I am a student from Greece and I am interested in applying for the programme molecular medicine in Groningen.
On the programme's details I noticed that I will have to take a test after I apply. What kind of test is that? Biology, medical or something completely different? And how will that affect if i am going to be accepted or not? Also I would like to ask what is the decentralized selection procedure?

I really hope you can help me!!
Thank you in advance!!

I have finished my mbbs from india, how can I get md medicine in holland
9/29/2016 7:06 PM   Imran

Please help me, I want an MBBS in bachelor in medicine and surgery.

RE: I have finished my mbbs from india, how can I get md medicine in holland
10/4/2016 5:34 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

Educations.com many options to pursue your MBBS around the world! These are all the medical bachelor of science programs listed on the site. 

To begin your search, use the filters to browse by location, scholarship, or internship. When you'd like to learn more about a program, complete a request information form. The school will then contact you about the program. 

/Educations.com

10/9/2016 5:05 PM   Corina Popov

Hey, My name is Corina. I want to ask you how to apply if I am a citizen of Moldova and Romania. What are the requirements.

10/14/2016 9:33 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi Corina, 

Generally the entry requirements for international students require a foreign language certificate (if the program is instructed in English), transcripts of your grades, an application, motivation essays, recommendation letters, and so on.

As each university and program has their own set of entry requirements, it is best to contact the school directly and inquire what you need to provide in your application. 

Good luck with your studies!

/Educations.com

10/18/2016 4:41 PM   accelerated medical programmes for dentists?

Hello,

I would like to receive some info regarding any accelerated bachelor programmes of medicine a dentist can follow.
There is a number of European universities that offer 4 year studies to dental graduates concerning medicine, and if there are any in Holland I would be happy to know. Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,
P. Giasimakopoulos

11/2/2016 6:38 PM   Information

Hallo Dear,

I am Hammad and I live in Bonn Germany and I am from Pakistan. I want to ask that how can I apply in Medical Program in Holland. What are the entry requirements and fees of semester?

Whether this degree will recognized by Deutsche Staatexamen?

I hope for soon reply.

Thanks, 
Hammad

11/6/2016 12:09 AM   Sabrin

Hi Dear,

I want to ask you about the education in the Netherlands.I live in Birmingham. I am a student and I study college but I would like to come the Netherlands and continue my studies. So can you tell me if I am adult 19 years old if I will study college or school?

12/2/2016 4:53 AM   Dr zahed

Hi I'm a doctor from India I want to go for a postgraduate program in Netherlands. Kindly guide me if the course is available and how to approach it.

12/16/2016 7:23 PM   Manal taii

Hey! Please tell me what's the difference between school and college!! And how much does it cost to study there and is it in English?

12/18/2016 7:41 PM   Rim

Hey, I have the same question. I am doing my pre-med course in Ab Psy in Philippines but I want to do an MD course in Netherlands. Is this possible?? How can I apply?? How much it costs?

12/19/2016 12:38 PM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi Manal,

Higher education, post-secondary education, or third level education is an optional final stage of learning that occurs after secondary education or school. Attending college courses will earn you credits towards a degree. Many degrees open opportunities to graduates for their careers or to attend post graduate studies. 

As for costs, tuition varies for the type of college program you choose to attend, where the program is located, and if you receive any form of financial aid or not. You can certainly choose to study an English program, there are many options available for you. Hope this helps explain the difference!

/Educations.com

1/3/2017 7:36 AM   Opal

I am going to give my AS LEVELS biology, physics, chemistry and math. Just wondering is there an entry test for applying for medicine in this university, or do they just look at our O and A level grades and accept us?

Moreover, what is the syllabus taught in the first year of this medical school. Please do respond. 

Regards, a Pakistani.

1/5/2017 10:13 AM   Jai

Hi Ulla
I am a mbbs graduate in India I would like to pursue my postgrad from Groningen. Please help as to what the procedure is.

1/23/2017 7:24 AM   Yvana

Hey I am from Luxembourg and I would be interested to study medicine in Holland. But what are the conditions? I know that I have to take the Toefl to get in but I didn't find out if I also have to do a exam like the medat in Austria?

1/25/2017 6:00 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hey there,

Typically universities will require non-native English speakers to provide an English proficiency test (if the program is in English), transcripts of their grades, diplomas, recommendation letters, a motivation letter, and a completed application. For medical programs, it is common for applicants to take an entry exam such as the medat, but the requirements are up to the medical schools and vary by country.

The best way to learn what the entry requirements are is to contact the school and inquire what you'll need to prepare. This can be done by searching through medical programs in the Netherlands. To contact a school, complete a request information form. You may then inquire about the specific entry requirements and how you may best prepare for entry. 

/Educations.com

2/3/2017 10:48 PM   LK

Hi!

I got the letter and material study for the decentralised selection in February. Can you give me any suggestions as how to do well in the cognitive and non-cognitive tests?

Best regards!

2/11/2017 12:47 PM   Ioanna

Thank you for the information. When is the deadline for applying, if the start year is Sept 2017? What is needed to apply?

2/15/2017 3:18 PM   Josh, Educations.com team

Hi Ioanna,

Application deadlines and requirements will differ depending on the university. You'll need to contact them directly to find out specifics. You can do this by going to their program page on our site and submitting an information request form which is sent directly to them. Ask them your questions and someone will be in touch to give you all the info you need.

Best of luck!

Josh, Educations.com team

3/13/2017 6:04 AM   Rand Firas

I completed my high school at a school in the United Arab Emirates, according to the British system, where it completed a level AS, which is required for entering the university level after finishing 12 years of schooling.
I have got excellent rates allowed me to join the Faculty of Medicine, and I'm now completed the preliminary stage, My grade for the first year was 4.0 GP and Im studying in the first year ( first term result was 91%)

However, in view of the circumstances of my family and my father's work , we are moving to Holland next year
All what I need to know , Is there any option to transfer from Sharjah University to your kind university.

Thank you for your kind response

3/22/2017 7:40 AM   Josh, Educations.com team

Hi Rand,

Thanks for posting. Please note we are a search portal for education, not a university so you will need to contact the universities directly to learn about their entry requirements and grade conversions.

You can do this by filling out the information request box on the specific course or university page which is sent directly to them. They'll be in touch asap to answer all your questions and give you more details about what they require from you.

Best of luck,

Josh, Educations.com team

3/31/2017 5:20 PM   Francisca

Hey Ulla,
Im from Portugal but im currently studying Medicine in Riga.
I am interesting in transferring to the Netherlands, but I have a few question:
- I will finish 1st year of med school in June. Can I go directly to the 2nd year on the Netherlands?
-After the 3 years of the bachelor, the course is not completed, bc medicine is 6 years. The Netherland only have the English program for the first 3 years, so does that mean I need to change countries again after the first 3 years? If I learn Dutch, is there 100% guarantee I can proceed my studies in the Netherlands?
-When I finish the course, do I apply for a job in the Netherlands the same way a Netherlands med student does, or does it differ?

Thanks in advance :)

4/16/2017 6:31 PM   carola

Hi, I'm sorry have you done the test? If it is possible I would like to know which do you think is the best way to prepare for it. Is there a guide to follow? Which subject are most important do get a good grade?

4/22/2017 11:37 PM   Nathalia

Hi, I am from Brazil but I have family in the Netherlands. I still have 1 year to finish my High school and I am seriously thinking about finishing at an international school there, but at the same time I worry because I don't know if I would have the same chance to get into a university in Holland to study medicine as a dutch person and I am very concerned if in The Netherland is too hard to get in the university.

Sorry if i said something wrong.I will be waiting for your answer!!

Bye Nathalia

6/6/2017 2:15 PM   SE

Hello and thanks for the appreciated help, I've been online since last night , searching for a dear friend. He's an orthopedic surgeon, seeking a master degree in Netherlands in a similar area?
Also what are the possibilities of getting a scholarship to fund his study, if accepted?
he's from Libya.

Thank you.
S

7/12/2017 10:08 AM   Sunil jakhar

Hi, I am study at Uzhhorod National University in Ukraine. I am in second year. Can I get admission into 3rd year in Holland and can I practice an internship in vacations in Holland hospital? Are there any student routine exchange for internship programme available?

7/13/2017 4:32 PM   Chiara

Hi Nathalia,

Thankyou for your question!
Universities in the Netherlands accept students from all over the world and Brazil qualifications are accepted as well. To check if your qualifications are accepted by the university, you can refer .

If you need in depth information, I suggest looking at our city guides and the programs offered. For further information, do not hesitate to fill in an information request and we'll do our best to get back to you.

Good luck with your study plans!
Educations.com team

8/6/2017 1:45 PM   Moehtedy Qurnass

Hello,

I am currently doing my A levels and just finished my first year in the UK. I am considering studying medicine in a university in Holland and so I have a few questions.

- Do I have to finish both years of A Level to get into a university?
- Are there scholarships available with only GCSE or A Level results?
- Do all Universities have their content in Dutch and what happens if you have don't do well in the Dutch course?

Kindest regards,
Moehtedy

8/22/2017 3:50 PM   Naresh

I have completed my bachelor's (mobs) from Russia. I would like to do md medicine from Holland can u give me more information regarding it.

8/25/2017 5:24 PM   Nada

Hi,
Im doing my bachelors degree in medicine from Kerala. What all do i need to get a scholarship over there for doing my masters.

8/27/2017 9:42 PM   Rafaha

I want to apply for mbbs,could you please assist me

8/31/2017 12:56 PM   Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

Hi S,

Thanks for posting. I'd highly recommend your friend takes a look at our Netherlands destination guide here:

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/study-guides/europe/study-in-netherlands/

It outlines a bunch of useful information about studying in the Netherlands, including a really great section on scholarships for international students travelling to the Netherlands to pursue a degree.

Best of luck,

Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

8/31/2017 1:02 PM   Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

Hi Sunil, 

Thanks for posting. This is a great question to direct towards some of the universities and schools in Holland (the Netherlands). They will be the ones who organize specific exchange programs.

Take a look at this destination guide for the Netherlands to see what it's like to study there:

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/study-guides/europe/study-in-netherlands/

And browse through these Netherlands-based schools that you can contact via the request information form on their pages:

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/search/the-netherlands

Best of luck,

8/31/2017 1:06 PM   Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

Hi Moehtedy,

Thanks for posting. You can find out more about scholarships in Holland (the Netherlands) here:

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/study-guides/europe/study-in-netherlands/scholarships-5834

To learn more about specific entry requirements to programs, I'd highly recommend contacting the universities you are interested in as different schools will have different prerequisites. You can see Netherlands-based programs here:

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/search/the-netherlands

Fill out the request information form on the course page to contact the university directly.

Best of luck,

8/31/2017 1:08 PM   Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for posting. You can see medicine Master programs in the Netherlands here:

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/search/master-degree-medicine-netherlands/a63-c904-d1009

To learn more about a specific course, fill out the request information form on the program page. This is sent directly to the university admission staff who will be able to help you further.

Best of luck,

8/31/2017 1:10 PM   Josh Hopton-Stewart

Hi Nada,

Thanks for posting. You can find more information about scholarships in the Netherlands here: 

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/study-guides/europe/study-in-netherlands/scholarships-5834

To learn more, I'd recommend getting in touch with specific universities to learn about what scholarships they may offer international students.

Best of luck,

Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team.

8/31/2017 1:12 PM   Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

Hi Rafaha,

Thanks for posting. You can find medicine study abroad programs in the Netherlands here:

https://www.phimcachnhietgiare.info/search/medicine-netherlands/c904-d1009

To learn more about a program, just fill out the request information form on the course page. This is sent to the school's admission staff who will be able to assist you through the application process.

Best of luck,

Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info.

10/6/2017 8:32 AM   Clara

The university sent this for me ". It is NOT possible to apply for the bachelor in Medicine at two Dutch universities in the same year (at the moment, this is a national law). ". Is that correct, I can´t apply for more than one Dutch university per year?? Where can I find this information on the internet?
Thank you.

10/8/2017 12:31 AM   Regina

Dear,
I'm a brazilian medical student and I'm not sure if I can try the exchange to The Netherlands with a brazilian visa. I've been to Amsterdam with a tourist visa ,perhaps I'm in doubt if it's possible for me to study there with this kind of visa - it wasn't clear for me when I saw the exchange conditions of a a medical program that my university takes part :

"Important: Due to the Dutch immigration policy we can only host students who do not need a specific work permit for our exchanges. Therefore we can only accept students with a passport from a country that is a member of the European Union, including Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland and excluding Kroatia. The immigration policy is subject to change by the Dutch government. "

Whats's the point about being outside from the EU? You do not accept foreign students(it's a one month exchange)?

Best Regards

10/9/2017 5:04 PM   Aleksandra

Hi Ulla,
You are exactly the person I've been looking for! First of all, congrats on getting enrolled to the med school, I know it is not an easy process. Secondly, I would like to ask if it's possible for you to tell me sth about post-university training of young doctors in NL. I am a fourth-year med student from Poland but as soon as I graduate from university I would like to start my training in Netherlands where my non-medical boyfriend comes from. In Poland we need to go through 13 months of internship before we can start our residency - training for choosen specialty. Then this residency lasts from 4 to 6 years depending on a chosen subject and ends with an exam. After a passed exam you are a specialist. I am curious if the training looks the same in NL or should I finish my internship in Poland first as there is no equivalent in Netherlands?

Best of luck,
Aleksandra 😊

10/15/2017 10:05 PM   Tania

Hi,
I am a high school student in Cyprus and I’m interested in studying medicine in Holland. What qualifications do I need to have? Does the University need a specific mark at specific lessons for example Biology or Chemistry? Also, do I need to have a specific certificate of English language? And do I have to learn Dutch

10/24/2017 8:14 AM   K.Ayaba

Hi,
I just finished school this year in Germany and I would like to study medicine in the Netherlands. I heard about an exam that must be taken is it true? Can someone apply without writing that exam? How should I apply for medicine in the Netherlands?
I would be very happy if you could help me out.
Thx.

10/31/2017 3:31 AM   I R

Hi. Can i please ask How hard is it to get admitted into the english program if the student has a dutch nationality but speaks only english?

10/31/2017 9:16 AM   Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

Hi Regina,

Thanks for posting. The Netherlands accepts students from all around the world, not just EU citizens. It is just that non-EU students who are planning on staying in The Netherlands for more than 90 days will be required to obtain a study visa, whereas EU students do not require a visa.

I'd recommend you chat with your university's international department or whoever is in charge of overseeing exchanges. They will be able to give you the best advice regarding what is possible for your personal situation.

Best of luck,

10/31/2017 9:23 AM   Josh, phimcachnhietgiare.info team

Hi Tania,

With medicine being such a specialized qualification, applicants will generally need to have obtained high school certificates in certain sciences. Also, English-taught programs will usually require non-native English speakers to hold an IELTS certificate (or equivalent).

However, entry requirements differ between programs and universities so it is best to check with the university you are interested in studying with.

Thanks for posting,

Find education within category