Founded in 1872 as a land-grant college named Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College, Virginia Tech is now a comprehensive, innovative research university with the largest full-time student population in Virginia. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). At a glance:
- Located in Blacksburg, Virginia
- Eight colleges and graduate school
- 60 bachelor's degree programs
- 140 master's and doctoral degree programs
- 29,000+ full-time students
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Main campus includes more than 100 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport
- Computing and communications complex for worldwide information access
- Ranked 56th in university research in the United States
- Has adjacent corporate research center
Start a new conversation
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Top 10 Countries to Study Abroad
Where should you study abroad?
Find your perfect career!
Leave a review on Facebook!