EMG - Educations Media Group AB, Corporate ID (org.nr) 556652-1653, ("EMG", "We" or "Us") is responsible for processing your personal information collected when you visit the Website ("Website"), when making an enquiry to a University, School or Education provider on the Website ("User Account") or using our services ("Services") and thus is personally responsible. When you create a User Account or use our Services, you provide information that causes you to be personally identifiable ("Personal Information").
It is optional for you to provide Personal Data to us, but it is also necessary for us to process your Personal Information if you create a User Account or use our Services in order for Us to fulfill our commitments to you.
Personal data means information that can be linked directly or indirectly to a physical living person. Examples of personal data are name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Under certain circumstances, information about the IP address and your user activity may also constitute Personal Data.
Processing of personal data includes all handling of personal data such as collection, registration and storage.
A data controller is an individual who alone or together with others determines the purposes and means of processing personal data and is ultimately responsible for the processing in accordance with applicable law.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The Website, User Account and our Services have been designed to minimize the amount of Personal Data processed and We will only request Personal Information required to fulfill our commitments if you have a User Account and want to use our Services. Collection of Personal Information occurs when you visit the Website, create a User Account, or use our Services. Personal data collected can be the following:
- Personal data and contact information, such as name, address, phone number and e-mail address. This information is obtained when You create a User Account or use our Services. Personal and contact information is necessary information in order for Us to fulfill Our commitment to you when using Our services.
- Device information, such as IP address, language settings, browser settings, time zone, operating system, platform, and screen resolution. The information is used only for analytical purposes and never at the individual level, nor is it used together with other data for the information to be linked to a unique person.
- Use of the User Account and our Services, we register the logging in and out of your User Account and use of the Services. This is to give our members a better user experience, but also to provide you with relevant and customized information about education in your area of interest.
- Geographic information, your geographical location. The information is used only for analytical purposes and never at the individual level, nor is it used together with other data that allows the information to be linked to a unique person.
- Information from other sources, We may from time to time get information from other sources, usually our partners, customers and suppliers. For example, one of our customers can provide us with information about what happened after using our Services. Information from these sources may also include data that was registered before you entered into an agreement with us.
Children's personal data
The site is not intended for people under the age of 16 and We will not deliberately collect Personal Data about persons under the age of 16.
Others' personal data
You are only entitled to provide information about yourself and not about any other person.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA?
- Send your contact details to the education organizer you showed interest in;
- provide our Services;
- communicate with you;
- fulfil our contractual and legal obligations;
- cater to you with newsletters or other periodic messages (if you do not want to receive such communication please send one e-mail to [email protected]);
- analyze usage and demand to improve and further develop the services;
- prevent, restrict and investigate the abuse of the Website and services
In addition to the above, we may monitor and store the traffic and communications that are made through the Website in order to improve the Website, as well as to comply with government requests or to detect and prevent illegal activities.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
- Authorities: We may disclose necessary information to authorities such as the police, tax authorities or other authorities you have approved that We may provide such information to or as We must by law provide information.
- Divestment: If We sell or buy any business or assets, or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by third parties, We may disclose such information to such a buyer.
Countries outside the EEA
We always strive to process your Personal Information within the EU/EEA. The Website may be provided by suppliers, subcontractors or companies within the Group, based in different parts of the world. Your personal data may therefore be transferred to non-EU/EEA countries. Because your privacy is important to us, we take reasonable and appropriate legal, technical and organisational measures to ensure that your Personal Data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection comparable to and at the same level as the protection offered in the EU/EEA.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Information is stored in our computer system only for as long as We can fulfill our commitments to you or as long as We must store them by law. As a policy, We delete all Personal Information 24 months after you last used our services. Use of services includes the use of features on the site as well as an active click in one of our education send-outs.
You are entitled, free-of-charge, once a year, to request registry extracts from the Personal Data which We process about you. You also have the right to receive information on the purpose for which your Personal Data is processed and to adjust non-complete or incorrect information about you. You also have the right to request that We discontinue processing your Personal Data in case the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. If there are no legal obligations for us that prevent data erasure, we will remove all of the non-essential personal data and references to you in our database at your request. If you want to delete, adjust or retrieve information about stored Personal Information or use your right to data portability, contact us by email at [email protected] and indicate what you are requesting.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNIQUES
We use third party cookies from other companies, for example, to conduct market research and measure data traffic on the Website, provide ads to you, and improve the functionality of our site.
Special Pixel Tags can also be used by other companies to track visits to their websites, identify if the internet traffic comes from our site or determine if you are entitled to use the Services.
The third parties whose cookies we use are setting or updating cookies solely to gather information required for the purposes we specified. In addition, they only use first-party cookies, which means that they only send information to your domain's server. In practice, this means that their cookie becomes personal property for your domain and the information cannot be changed or read by any other Service on another domain.
The information generated by these cookies about your use of our Service or Website and your current IP address may be sent to and stored by the third party providing relevant cookies on servers in, for example, the United States and other countries. The third parties will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the Website, the Services, compile reports on the activity on the Site, and provide other Services relating to activity on the Site and the Services to us. Any collected IP address will not be associated with any other data stored by Us or third parties.
You can choose to disable or block cookies from different actors by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. If you do, you may be prevented from using all or part of the features of our Site or our Services. To learn more about cookies, click one of the following links:
EMG - Educations Media Group AB, Corporate ID (org.nr), 556652-1653, located at Karlavägen 104, 115 26 Stockholm, Sweden is personally responsible and is responsible for processing your personal data as described above and is subject to Swedish data protection legislation. If you have questions about how we treat your personal information or if you have questions regarding privacy and data protection, you can always contact us at [email protected].
Please visit for more information about us.
Stockholm, Sweden 13th December 2017