Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Earn a graduate certificate in Animation
The three-year Graduate Certificate in Animation provides students with training in traditional hand drawn animation techniques and 2D digital animation techniques with the option of focusing on animation using 3D digital animation software in your second and third year.
Algonquin College’s Animation program focuses on teaching students the skills necessary to meet the high standards required to gain meaningful employment in the demanding animation industry.
Topics of study in this Graduate Certificate in Animation include:
- Life Drawing for Animation
- Animation Design
- Scriptwriting for Animation
- Computer Animation
- Digital Practices and Principles
- Lighting Rendering and Modelling
- 3D Character Animation
- Film Studies
All animation students follow a common first year of study, which includes animation, life drawing and design courses students have the option of focusing on either traditional or digital animation disciplines with an emphasis on creating performance-based character animation.
Graduate Certificate in Animation graduates may be employed by animation studios as animators, posers, clean-up artists, layout artists, background artists, and 3D animators. Fields of work may include feature films, animated TV series, half-hour specials, commercials, multimedia, computer graphics, and video game graphics.
Students wishing to study the Graduate Certificate in Animation must meet the following requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program)
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- Submit a portfolio of 10-15 samples illustrating artistic ability. The portfolio must include samples of formal life drawing, perspective drawing, and fantasy or cartoon drawing.
Tuition & fees
The tuition fees for the Graduate Certificate in Animation are:
$2,204 per term in Levels 01 and 02,
$2,122.37 per term in Levels 03 and 04, and
$2,043.76 per term in Levels 05 and 06.
International Students pay all relevant Canadian fees plus an International Premium of $4,400 per term.
Welcome to Algonquin College!
Algonquin College, situated in Ottawa, Canada, is a warm and welcoming college with over 42 years experience of providing quality education in Canada. The college has a strong international presence and currently welcomes students from over 100 countries around the...