Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor degree in nursing
The aim of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Nursing at Arcada is to educate registered nurses to assume professional responsibilities working closely with the patient. Nurses must have good communication skills and be able to take part in developing healthcare.
Students in the nursing bachelor degree programme gain the theoretical, practical, and personal knowledge and skills that are required to meet and take care of people who are in need of attention. Students get to take part in simulated modules that replicate real-world scenarios in order to gain practical skills.
A degree in nursing from Arcada supplies students with all the basic nursing skills. In addition, you will learn specific nursing skills that apply to different contexts, including the following:
- Medical nursing
- Surgical nursing
- Psychiatric nursing
- Nursing for women and children
The Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Nursing utilizes a variety of learning techniques. In addition to classroom learning and web-based learning, students participate in work programmes with professional healthcare organisations.
This programme has 20 available places for students. To be eligible to apply to the Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing from Arcada, applicants must have sufficient previous education. Any of the following are accepted:
- Finnish Matriculation examination or upper secondary education, EB, IB or Reifeprüfung examination
- Finnish vocational college diploma, higher vocational diploma, or a vocational qualification in adult education
- Non-Finnish degree which gives eligibility for higher education in the degree awarding country
- Proficiency in English (More information on accepted English language tests is given on the Arcada website.)
- Note also that applicants to the degree programme in Nursing will need to have basic skills in Swedish/Finnish (the European framework level A2)
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Upon graduation, students will be awarded with a Bachelor in Health Care from Arcada.
Arcada is a state-recognized university of applied sciences in Arabianranta, Helsinki, Finland. Arcada believes combining practical skills, theoretical knowledge, and experience is essential for entering today's job market. It is this belief which makes a degree from Arcada desired by...
Location & accommodation
Finland offers the benefits of a modern educational system, which is internationally recognized as being very high standard as well as sporting unspoiled natural resources and an interesting historical heritage. The geographical position of Finland in between western and eastern Europe, has influenced the cultural expression. Today, Finland offers visitors a mixture between tradition and cutting-edge...