Foundation degree: Agriculture with Land Management
The Agriculture with Land Management foundation degree programme is taught by Askham Bryan College's Department of Agriculture.
The aim of the Agriculture with Land Management programme is to furnish students with the skills and knowledge to gain employment within the land based sector and appreciate the issues that now exist in rural areas.
The course focuses on agriculture, the environment and land management. Key modules of the Agriculture with Land Management foundation Degree include:
- Livestock and Crop Production,
- Plant, Soil and Environmental Science,
- Managing Farm Finances,
- Application and Management of Mechanisation
- Land Use, Issue and Policies,
- Crop Management,
- Environmental Management,
- Biofuel Production and Processing,
- Livestock Technology,
- Agricultural Diversification,
- Principles of Marketing,
- Planning Farm Finances.
In addition to academic study students are required to complete 300 hours of work experience in the form of vocational placements. The Agriculture with Land Management course also requires students to complete a Personal Research Project - an extended investigation designed by the student to research an area of interest.
Upon successful completion of the Agriculture with Land Management foundation degree students can pursue their studies further with BSc (Hons) in Sustainable Land Management with only one additional year of study. Career opportunities include managerial careers in the agricultural industry, estate management, food manufacture or primary food production sectors.
Students wishing to study Agriculture with Land Management Foundation Degree must meet the following entry requirements:
- minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grace C or above, or a BTEC First Diploma with a minimum of 20 points
- minimum of 80 UCAS points (which may include Key Skills at level 2 or above) including study of 2 A levels to A2 level, or a BTEC National Diploma
- a satisfactory reference.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered.
Askham Bryan College is one of the UK's foremost land-based colleges and provides education and training at all levels from introductory courses for school leavers right up to honours degrees. The college, previously Yorkshire Institute of Agriculture, was founded in 1948...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!