Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Students study naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University because they seek a career that resonates with their core values, including a belief in natural healing and whole-person medicine. They prepare for success as naturopathic doctors with the support of our state-of-the-art clinical training model, which prepares students to formulate effective, personalized treatment plans for patients.
This in-depth clinical training, coupled with Bastyr's robust basic sciences curriculum, is responsible for our graduatesconsistently earning top scores on the Naturopathic Licensing Examinations (NPLEX). And because our graduates speak the common language of science, they work as peers with other health care providers in integrative settings.
- Beginning in fall quarter of their first year, extensive training at the University's teaching clinics, as well as at several community clinics in the San Diego and Seattle areas.
- Passionate facultyand a strong academic advising program.
- A multi-disciplinary curriculum that allows students to explore natural health care modalities in the University's other degree programs.
- A research institutesupported in part by funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), allows students to engage in numerous research projects, including studies on botanical medicines, herbal supplements and complementary oncology therapies.
- Small class sizes coupled with the University's numerous resources.
- A well-developed residency programfor naturopathic doctors.
- A diverse student body drawn from all across the United States and 28 other countries.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Grade C or better in prerequisite coursework
- Concrete exposure to the practice of naturopathic medicine, by job-shadowing if possible, or by interviews with one or more naturopathic physicians.
- While there is no minimum GPA requirement, the historical average GPA for admitted students is 3.3 - 3.4.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
A pioneer in natural medicine, Bastyr University is a nonprofit, private university that is at the forefront of developing leaders in natural health arts and sciences for the 21st-century. Bastyr offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in science-based natural medicine that integrates...