Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
BHC School of Design
BHC School of Design was founded in 1983 under the umbrella of, and affiliated to, Boston House College. In 1996 BHC was purchased as an independent company by Heidi Jager and currently operates as a private provider of education under the registered name of BHC School of Design (Pty) Ltd.
BHC's mission is to provide excellent education that enhances students' creative environment and promotes entrepreneurship by supporting, guiding and producing highly competent interior design professionals.
BHC endeavors to become the most progressive design school in South africa by producing graduates of the highest standard and competency, using the most up to date and innovative syllabus and technology.
Graduates of BHC School of Design will be highly employable and sought after, an asset to the design industry, a credit to BHC School of Design (Pty) Ltd and will make a contribution to the South African industry of interior design.
BHC hopes to correct the imbalance of students and qualified workers among various cultural groups in the design industry.
Students of BHC School of Design will:
- Graduate with all the necessary knowledge to become an asset to the industry.
- Compile a professional portfolio with which to launch a design career.
- Receive assistance in securing employment upon graduation.
- Gain the opportunity to work on actual projects and competitions.
- Become a member of a pool of exceptionally talented and trained learners by maintaining the highest levels of professionalism within the design industry.
Features of BHC:
- All lecturers are practicing designers & architects and keep students abreast of new trends and updates in technology.
- Studio masters are on site to assist students when necessary.
- BHC's location in The Old Biscuit Mill, Woodstock, an area that is rapidly becoming the hub of the Design Industry. Located within walking distance of the station and direct taxi routes, so accessibility for students is simple.
- A key focus of BHC is to prepare and equip the graduates for a career in the professional world with the skills, knowledge & attention to detail necessary to be successful in a design discipline.
- Projects are orientated towards a portfolio of professional standards, covering all aspects of design - domestic, retail, commercial & leisure environments.
- BHC boasts an impressive portfolio of graduates who have been employed in many of the top Design Companies in Cape Town , around the country as well as abroad.
- BHC is a private college and accepts a limited intake of students to ensure individual attention is given across the board.
Education programs - BHC School of Design
|Diploma / Certificate|
|Creative Arts & Design|
|Presentation Drawing||6 classes||Cape Town|
|Sketch Up||6 classes||Cape Town|
|Photoshop CS4||6 classes||Cape Town|
|2D AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design)||6 classes||Cape Town|
|3D AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design)||6 classes||Cape Town|
|Diploma in Interior Design||3 years||Cape Town|
|Short Course in Interior Decorating||12 classes||Cape Town|
Contact information for BHC School of Design
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!