Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
BA (Hons) in Music BusinessBIMM Berlin
Study a program in Music Business!
The aim of the program in Music Business is to nurture entrepreneurial flair while developing real-world skills. You'll gain experience in recording, releasing, and marketing music.
You’ll be offered the perfect opportunity to build a detailed knowledge of the industry while developing your network and your own ideas in a creative space, using a mixture of both existing and emerging digital technologies.
As part of the second year, you get to make the unique decision of where to complete year 2 of your studies – either BIMM Berlin or BIMM London. Whichever location you choose, both cities are well-placed to encourage and develop your entrepreneurial ideas.
You'll study under professionally connected tutors through the teaching of personal, project management, and business skills. These are integral to artist and event management, marketing, music publishing, legislation, and label strategies for recording and releasing music. You’ll also experience a number of exciting opportunities to develop ‘hands-on’ industry knowledge through recording projects, live events, work placements, and internships with a range of creative industry employers. Berlin is the epicenter of the music industry and the country’s leading venues, broadcasters and companies are right on our doorstep.
Applicants wishing to enter the BA in creative music program should meet the following requirements:
- Abitur with an overall grade of 2. A score of 10 / gut in theHauptfach / Leistungskurs / Kurs mit erhöhtem Anforderungsniveau, or IB with a minimum score of 24 overall, or A1/A2 in English.
- UK STUDENTS: Minimum 2 A-levels at grade C or above (160 UCAS points) or BTEC level 3 equivalent, and five GCSE qualifications at grade C and upwards, including English Language.
- Contact the Admissions Team if you’ve studied other qualifications. If you haven’t studied an approved English Language qualification, we require that you take an IELTS exam achieving a minimum score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 achieved in each band.
Degree & diploma
Upon successful completion of your business courses, you'll receive a bachelor of arts degree.
Tuition & fees
The tuition fee for this BA (hons) program at BIMM Berlin is as follows:
- EU Students: €7,450 per year
- Non EU Students €12,950 per year
Request information - obligation free
BIMM Berlin and Hamburg are part of the BIMM Group, Europe’s largest and leading contemporary music college. BIMM offers a selection of contemporary music degrees and certificates across a number of different disciplines, including guitar, bass, drums, vocals, songwriting, music...