Bachelor of Biomedical Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice
Bond University’s Bachelor of Biomedical Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice enables you to become an accredited practicing Dietitian (APD) in just 4 years.
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science equips you with broad understanding of scientific health and human movement, which will provide a strong foundation for the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice. Studying these degrees will enable you to develop your knowledge and skills across a range of disciplines including anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, microbiology and nutrition and health.
The Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice is designed to produce highly competitive graduates with comprehensive clinical, food service, public health and sports dietetic skills in both national and international healthcare environments, as well as possessing a solid business acumen and research experience.
As a student dietitian at Bond University, you will benefit from interactive workshops with industry experts, personalized mentoring from academics, and exposure to food, health and business settings throughout the duration of the program. In addition, you will complete an international nutrition placement abroad to obtain a global perspective on nutrition and dietetics.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
In addition, this program requires successful completion of:
English; and either
Maths B or Physics or equivalent (students without the equivalent of Maths B or Physics will be required to successfully complete a bridging subject in one of those disciplines).
For more information Visit University Website.
Graduates of the program will be able to apply their skills and experience across a range of areas including:
- Clinical dietetics
- Sports nutrition
- Private practice
- Food service management
- Corporate health and wellness
- Nutrition communications and media
- Community and public health nutrition
- Nutrition and dietetic research
- Graduates may be eligible to progress to further post-graduate research, leading to potential career options in research organizations and academia
Due to program sequencing, students may not be able to commence the postgraduate program immediately on completion of their undergraduate degree. International students should be aware that the Australian immigration authority may require them to return home before commencing their postgraduate degree and seek advice accordingly.
Bachelor of Biomedical Science
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science program comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE 1)
- CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE 2)
- CORE11-003 Ethical Thought and Action (CORE 3)
Plus: Beyond Bond: Professional Development and Community Engagement
Foundation subjects (7)
- Australia's Health Issues and Priorities (HPER11-101)
- Biological and Physical Chemistry (BMED12-119)
- Cell Biology (BMED11-203)
- Chemistry for Living Systems (BMED11-114)
- Human Organ Systems 1 (BMED11-110)
- Medical Biochemistry 1 (BMED11-205)
- Principles of Human Structure and Function (BMED11-109)
Advanced discipline subjects (6)
- Health Research Methods (HPER12-101)
- Human Organ Systems 2 (BMED12-114)
- Medical Biochemistry 2 (BMED12-209)
- Medical and Molecular Genetics (BMED11-207)
- Microbiology (BMED11-206)
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacology (BMED12-120)
Students must then complete the Pre-Health Professional major to be eligible to progress into the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice program.
Pre-Health professional Major
Complete eight subjects:
- Exploring Human Disease (BMED13-125)
- Food, Nutrition and Health (NUTR11-101)
- Health Communication (HPER12-103)
- Human Control Systems (BMED11-112)
- Immunology (BMED13-216)
- Laboratory Medicine (BMED12-118)
Plus two subjects from the following options:
- Exercise, Health and Disease (SPEX12-310)
- Human Nutrition (NUTR13-101)
- Molecular Diagnostics (BMED13-214)
- Sport & Exercise Nutrition (NUTR12-101)
- Introduction to Psychology: Biology and Personality (PSYC11-100)
- Introduction to Psychology: Learning and Social (PSYC11-101)
A student must complete the Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Pre Health Professional major) with a minimum GPA of 1/4 (equivalent to 4/7) in order to progress to the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice. Students must also complete any compliance requirements.
Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice
Semester 1 (May start)
- Nutrition and Food Science (NUTR71-100)
- Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis (NUTR71-101)
- Nutrition Communication and Behavior (NUTR71-102)
- Nutrition Issues and Priorities (NUTR71-103)
- Clinical Dietetics A (NUTR71-104)
- Food Service Dietetics (NUTR71-106)
- Nutrition and Chronic Disease Management (NUTR71-105)
- Public Health Nutrition Practice (NUTR71-107)
- Clinical Dietetics B (NUTR71-109)
- Evidence-Based Practice for Health Professionals (NUTR71-110)
- Professional Placement Internship – Community and Public Health Nutrition (NUTR71-703)
- Professional Placement Internship – Individual Case Management A (NUTR71-700)
- Health Research Design and Planning (NUTR71-114)
- Sports Nutrition (NUTR71-115)
- Professional Placement Internship – Food Service Management (NUTR71-702)
- Professional Placement Internship – Individual Case Management B (NUTR71-701)
- Management and Leadership for Nutrition Health Professionals (NUTR71-117)
- Nutrition Research Internship A (30 credit points) (NUTR73-700)
- Nutrition Research Internship B (30 credit points) (NUTR73-701)
- International Nutrition Practice (NUTR71-118)
For more information Visit University Website.
At Bond University, we do things differently. Known for our small class sizes, three-semester-per-year timetable and state-of-the-art facilities, Bond University has been named in the global top 20 universities in the Times Higher Education Ranking of the Best Small Universities...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.