Bachelor of Communication (Business)
Today’s rapidly changing work environment requires graduates to acquire inter-disciplinary knowledge and apply their skill set across a number of industries. The Bachelor of Communication (Business) allows students the opportunity to combine both business and communication specialties and develop a flexible and dynamic skill set. These skills are transferable and applicable to a variety of industries that are in high demand. Our students can kick start their career sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees.
The Bachelor of Communication (Business) gives students knowledge in marketing, advertising, organizational behavior and communication. Students specialize further by combining a major in Marketing with a major from one of seven areas: Corporate Communication, Public Relations, Communication Studies, Journalism, Multimedia, Advertising or Social Media.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
In the January semester 2018 there were fewer than five OP/ATAR offers made in this program hence no comparative information on previous OP/ATAR intake scores is available.
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2018.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
- For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
For more information Visit University Website.
The Bachelor of Communication (Business) is designed to equip students with the theoretical knowledge and practical experience to enable them to step into an organisation and start assisting with the development and implementation of communication strategies and marketing plans. Graduates could expect to find employment as an Account Manager, Copywriter, Event Coordinator, Journalist, Marketing Manager, Media Buyer or Public Relations Practitioner.
The Bachelor of Communication (Business) program comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE 1)
- CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE 2)
- CORE11-003 Ethical Thought and Action (CORE 3)
Plus: Beyond Bond: Professional Development and Community Engagement
Foundation subjects (4)
- Marketing (MKTG11-100)
- Introduction to Communication (COMN11-101)
- Digital Media and Society (COMN12-302)
- Advertising Principles and Practice (ADVT11-100)
Marketing major (6)
Students must choose six (6) subjects for a marketing major:
You must complete the following subjects:
- Consumer and Buyer Behavior (MKTG12-301)
- Market Research and Analysis (MKTG13-303)
- Strategic Marketing (MKTG13-320)
You must complete three (3) of the following subjects:
- International Marketing (MKTG13-301)
- Promotional Design and Planning (MKTG13-302)
- Internet and Social Media Marketing (MKTG13-312)
- Digital and Direct Marketing (MKTG13-319)
Specialist major (6)
Students must choose six (6) subjects for a specialist major in one of the following areas:
- Corporate Communication
- Media & Social Media
- Public Relations
- Multimedia Design
For more information Visit University Website.
At Bond University, we do things differently. Known for our small class sizes, three-semester-per-year timetable and state-of-the-art facilities, Bond University has been named in the global top 20 universities in the Times Higher Education Ranking of the Best Small Universities...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.