Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying
As one of the largest economic sectors, the construction industry continues to expand. Employers seek graduates with theoretical knowledge and practical experience across a variety of fields. The Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying at Bond equips graduates with the necessary knowledge and skill set, transferable across a range of career paths.
Students are also able to graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees.
The Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying is professionally recognized by some of Australia’s leading professional bodies. This allows graduates to differentiate themselves within the industry.
By learning in the University’s Sustainable Development Building, students will also be encouraged to expand their horizons and redefine the construction industry of tomorrow, promoting sustainable practices. Students will experience Bond’s small class sizes and learn from nationally and internationally recognized academics in a collaborative environment. This allows students the opportunity to refine their skill set and apply their theoretical knowledge in practical settings.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
In the January semester 2018 there were fewer than five OP/ATAR offers made in this program hence no comparative information on previous OP/ATAR intake scores is available.
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2018.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
- For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
For more information Visit University Website.
The Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying will provide you with access to a wide range of career pathways in the construction industry. Opportunities include building and construction management, contract administration, site management, facilities management, building services, quantity surveying, property development, project management, cost management and general management. The skill sets obtained in this degree may also be applied to related sectors such as civil engineering and mining. Graduates will be equipped with a comprehensive knowledge of sustainable development, and will be able to seek work anywhere in Australia or around the world.
The structure of the Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying is based on 24 theoretical and practical subjects. This program is designed in close consultation with prominent industry professional boards to ensure the integrity and contemporary relevance of the degree.
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE 1)
- CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE 2)
- CORE11-003 Ethical Thought and Action (CORE 3)
Plus: Beyond Bond: Professional Development and Community Engagement
Construction Management and Quantity Surveying core subjects (21)
- Commercial Construction and Engineering (SSUD12-313)
- Construction Site Management (SSUD13-327)
- Construction Tendering and Finance (SSUD13-316)
- Early Estimating and Cost Planning (SSUD13-312)
- Integrated Measurement and Professional Practice (SSUD13-313)
- Introduction to the Property and Construction Industries (SSUD11-103)
- Land Economy and the Environment (SSUD11-105)
- Managing Projects (SSUD12-103)
- Measurement 1 (SSUD12-317)
- Measurement 2 (SSUD13-310)
- Planning Process (SSUD11-300)
- Project Contract Administration (SSUD12-308)
- Project Delivery Systems (SSUD12-106)
- Project Planning and Scheduling (SSUD12-207)
- Real Estate Property Rights (SSUD11-106)
- Structural Engineering (SSUD13-311)
- Sustainable Building Services (SSUD12-309)
- Sustainable Development and Society (SSUD11-102)
- Understanding Buildings 1 (SSUD11-101)
- Understanding Buildings 2 (SSUD12-104)
- Capstone Project (SSUD13-300)
The final semester of this program is highlighted by an industry based capstone project which integrates the full range of topics covered during the degree.
For more information Visit University Website.
At Bond University, we do things differently. Known for our small class sizes, three-semester-per-year timetable and state-of-the-art facilities, Bond University has been named in the global top 20 universities in the Times Higher Education Ranking of the Best Small Universities...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.