Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
Do you have a passion for science and sport? Why not combine the two with our Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science at Bond. Immerse yourself in health, fitness and sport performance while building a base of knowledge and understanding in human movement. Students studying the program are exposed to real-world learning with a significant proportion of the degree offering practical experience with organizations such as the Australian Institute of Sport and Australian Rugby Union.
Not only will you graduate with these career-ready experiences, you'll be stepping into the next chapter of your exercise and sports science career by graduating sooner with Bond's accelerated degrees.
This program is delivered primarily at the world-class Bond Institute of Health & Sport, where you will gain exceptional, high-quality practical experience in our award winning high performance gym, health science laboratories and sports science research laboratories.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
In addition, this program requires successful completion of:
- English, and
- Mathematics at the level of Mathematics A or equivalent; and
- One (1) of Physical Education or Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Science 21 or equivalent.
For more information Visit University Website.
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science will provide you with an accelerated undergraduate pathway to postgraduate studies in sports science, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nutrition and dietetics, as well as broader sporting and allied health programs.
Successful completion of this degree guarantees graduates an interview for the following Bond University programs*:
- Doctor of Physiotherapy
- Master of Nutrition & Dietetic Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
You can also undertake higher degree qualifications through a masters by research and PhD in areas such as exercise and sport physiology, exercise biochemistry and molecular biology, exercise and sport psychology, motor control and learning and strength and conditioning.
* As entry into these programs is highly competitive, an offer may be dependent on a candidate’s final GPA and interview outcomes.
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science will equip you with a strong understanding of exercise and sport science, and graduates of this degree may seek employment in a range of careers in Australia and around the world that may include:
- Accredited exercise scientist
- Accredited strength and conditioning coach
- Athletic/sport program coordinator
- Corporate and community health and fitness consultant
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science program comprises 23 subjects, as follows:
Please note the below will be effective from January 2019. Current students, please refer to respective Program Structure and Sequence Plan.
- Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE11-001)
- Foundations of Exercise and Sports Science (SPEX11-102)
- Principles of Human Structure and Function (BMED11-109)
- Chemistry for Living Systems (BMED11-114)
- Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE11-002)
- Functional Anatomy (SPEX11-113)
- Human Organ Systems 1 (BMED11-110)
- Biochemistry of Exercise and Sport (SPEX11-103)
- Biomechanics of Exercise and Sport (SPEX11-304)
- Motor Control and Learning in Exercise and Sport (SPEX12-311)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Psychology (SPEX11-104)
- Physiology and Biochemistry of Exercise and Sport (SPEX12-312)
- Ethical Thought and Action (CORE11-003)
- Health Research Methods (HPER12-101)
- Exercise Testing, Prescription and Delivery (SPEX13-335)
- Introduction to Professional Practice in Exercise and Sport Science (SPEX12-313)
- Advanced Physiology and Biochemistry of Exercise and Sport (SPEX13-336)
- Advanced Biomechanics of Exercise and Sport (SPEX13-339)
- Advanced Exercise Testing, Prescription and Delivery (SPEX13-338)
- Behavior Change to Enhance Health (SPEX13-334)
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition (NUTR12-101)
- Professional Practice & Practicum (Capstone Project) 20cps (SPEX13-333)
- Exercise and
For more information Visit University Website.Sport for Lifelong Health (SPEX13-337)
At Bond University, we do things differently. Known for our small class sizes, three-semester-per-year timetable and state-of-the-art facilities, Bond University has been named in the global top 20 universities in the Times Higher Education Ranking of the Best Small Universities...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.