Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Earn a Diploma in 3D Animation
The diploma in 3D Animation is an intensive and efficient program that will prepare you for a professional career in the areas of Television, Film, Game and Broadcast Design in only 16 months.
The practically oriented digital animation program has launched the careers of hundreds of television and digital professionals and is internationally recognized. As a digital animation-student you will become part of a growing and dynamic industry that offers a myriad of opportunities for successful graduates.
Upon completion of the digital animation diploma program you can look forward to working as a compositor, visual effects supervisor, modelers, technical director, compositors rigger, level designer for games, 3D character animator, lighters, visual effects supervisor, program highlight or texture artist.
The diploma in digital animation will provide you with:
- 24-hour access to labs and workstations
- Life drawing, acting for animation and storyboard training
- Small classes (maximum of 21 students per class) and the opportunities to interact with industry professionals, who collectively have amassed more than 1,000 hours of instruction
- Opportunities to hear guest speakers and participate in workshops
- Assistance in producing demo reels that will showcase your abilities to potential employers
- Industry placement with the School of Communication, Media and Design
- An active alumni network that allows you to build your own list of industry contacts
Graduates of the program will find careers in: Animation- 3D program boasts outstanding graduate hiring rates. As such, successful graduates have worked on films, TV shows and video games that include: Fantastic 4, Fight Club, Final Fantasy, Full Auto (Xbox 360), Happily N’Ever After, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Monster by Mistake, Monster Federation (PC), Over the Hedge, Panic Room, Pariah (PS2), Pryzm: Legend of the Dark Unicorn (PS2), Robots, Shark Tale, Strike Fighters: Project 1 (PC), Stuart Little, The Matrix, The Warriors (PS2), V for Vendetta, Wings over Vietnam (PC).
The admission requirements for the diploma in digital animation are:
- Ontario high school diploma or equivalent
- English Grade 12 C or U (minimum grade required) or equivalent, or skills assessment
Location & accommodation
Centennial College is located in Metropolitan Toronto, located in the province of Ontario in Canada. Toronto has a population of more than two million people. Toronto is a safe and clean "people place" which celebrates the activities, food and entertainment of more than 60 cultures represented throughout the city. The United Nations recognizes Toronto as the most culturally diverse city in the w...
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Want to know more about Animation - 3D? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Find your perfect career!