Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Get Your Diploma in Early Childhood Education
The diploma in early childhood education offers a hands-on curriculum to help students learn the fundamentals of high quality childcare.
The highly regarded early childhood education program will prepare you for work with a range of children, including infants, toddlers, pre-school children, and school-age children. Centennial’s two early childhood centers provide you with the opportunity to experience first-hand the techniques and principles learned in the classroom.
Upon completion of the early childhood education program, you will know how to design a curriculum based on a comprehensive understanding of child development, how to maintain effective relationships with individual children and groups of children, and how to apply relevant policies and regulations to early childhood education programs.
Graduates with a diploma in early childhood education will be ready for a career in childcare centers, nursery schools, and community service centers. Graduate employment, along with graduate satisfaction and employer satisfaction, have all remained over 80 percent for the past several years.
Centennial’s early childhood education program is offered full time at two different campuses: Progress and Ashtonbee. The part-time study option is only available on the Progress campus.
The highlights of this program include:
- Curriculum which reflects current trends and directions in the field, including Full Day Learning and Early Learning for Every Child Today.
- You will gain practical experiential learning through three field placements in the community.
- In the field, qualified and experienced supervisors, who work with you and your field placement agencies to ensure you enjoy optimum learning experiences, will observe you.
- You will spend two days each week in a variety of early learning programs, working directly with infants, toddlers, preschool or school-aged children.
- Opportunities to work in full-day kindergarten environments, during the third or fourth semester of study, will be integral to your placement experience.
- To support the student experience, in semester three and four a minimum of a one-week block placement will be incorporated, thereby enhancing your ability to solidify skills.
- Graduate employment, graduate and employer satisfaction have all consistently remained above 80 percent for several years, earning Key Performance Indicator distinction awards for the Early Childhood Education program.
Admission requirements for the Diploma in Early Childhood Education:
- Ontario high school diploma or equivalent, or 19 years or older
- English Grade 12 C or U (minimum grade required) or equivalent, or skills assessment
Tuition & fees
For more information about fees and tuition, please complete an information request form.
Request information - obligation free
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Location & accommodation
Centennial College is located in Metropolitan Toronto, located in the province of Ontario in Canada. Toronto has a population of more than two million people. Toronto is a safe and clean "people place" which celebrates the activities, food and entertainment of more than 60 cultures represented throughout the city. The United Nations recognizes Toronto as the most culturally diverse city in the w...
Want to know more about Diploma in Early Childhood Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!