Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Advanced diploma in graphic design- media
The Graphic Design Media program at Centennial College offers you the opportunity to earn a multidisciplinary diploma in only 5 semesters.
With a Graphic Design Media diploma, you will use hands on and visual tools to increase your success in the design world through problem solving, improving visual graphic skills and developing creative ideas.
The Graphic Design Media program specializes in design for print and visual design. Courses include Interactive Design for Mobile Platforms, Two-Dimensional Design + Typography, Publication Design, and Motion Graphics.
The media and design skills include:
- Problem solving skills in graphic design phases
- Project management skills including effective communication with clients, coworkers and target audiences
- Develop typographic skills and creative strategies for print publications, packaging and illustration
By working with internal and external clients, and an industry field placement in the design world, the Graphic Design Media program will improve your portfolio and give you the graphic design background required in order to take your career to the next level. Upon completion of the diploma, the career opportunities available are magazine design firms, publishing companies, newspaper departments, TV production facilities and much more.
The Centennial College Graphic Design - Media program is formally recognized by the Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario (RGD Ontario), which represents more than 3,000 graphic designers, managers, educators and students across Ontario.
The admission requirements for the Graphic Design Media program are:
- Ontario high school diploma or equivalent, or mature student status
- Minimum English Grade 12 course or equivalent
- Attend a mandatory program admission session where you will submit a portfolio of work
- Portfolio requirements
- Select up to 15 pieces of your original work in art and design that demonstrates your ability in graphic design
- Include color integrated designs created in digital illustration and digital imaging applications, and a short research paper about your design philosophy including field of interest
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Tuition & fees
For tuition and fees for the program, please complete an information request form.
Request information - obligation free
Centennial College is the first government-accredited College in Ontario, Canada. Centennial offers over 150 diploma, advanced diploma, certificate and degree programs in Business, Engineering Technology and Applied Science, Communications, Media and Design, Health and Community studies, Hospitality, Tourism and Culture...
Location & accommodation
Centennial College is located in Metropolitan Toronto, located in the province of Ontario in Canada. Toronto has a population of more than two million people. Toronto is a safe and clean "people place" which celebrates the activities, food and entertainment of more than 60 cultures represented throughout the city. The United Nations recognizes Toronto as the most culturally diverse city in the w...