Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Earn a diploma in Nursing
With a diploma from Centennial College´s Practical Nursing program, graduates will be fully prepared to begin working as a nurse. Practical Nursing at Centennial College is all about offering you the in-depth knowledge, and increased level of skill and judgment required in today’s complex healthcare environment.
On campus, students receive health care education in clinics, laboratory settings, multimedia and the latest technology, and prepares students to pass the Canadian Practical Nurse Exam. Courses include Anatomy and Physiology, Clinical Applications, and Nursing Theory. Students may further their nursing studies with a Bachelor of Science or begin to work in the health care profession.
Skills that graduates from the Practical Nursing program will develop include:
- Follow a ethical and legislation framework while working within the health care industry
- Work effectively with patients, healthcare members, nurses and others
- Understand theories and principles required by the health care industry
Graduates from this program find careers as a clinical nurse, community health nurse, critical care nurse, intensive care nurse, nurse researcher, nursing consultant, private duty nurse, or an educator.
Admission requirements to the Practical Nursing program are:
- Ontario high school diploma or equivalent, or a mature student
- Completion of English Grade 12 course or equivalent
- Completion of Mathematics Grade 11 or 12, or equivalent
- Completion of Biology Grade 11 or 12, or equivalent
- Completion of either Chemistry Grade 11 or 12, OR Physics Grade 11 or 12, OR equivalent
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Tuition & fees
For tuition and fees, please complete an information request form.
Request information - obligation free
Centennial College is the first government-accredited College in Ontario, Canada. Centennial offers over 150 diploma, advanced diploma, certificate and degree programs in Business, Engineering Technology and Applied Science, Communications, Media and Design, Health and Community studies, Hospitality, Tourism and Culture...
Location & accommodation
Centennial College is located in Metropolitan Toronto, located in the province of Ontario in Canada. Toronto has a population of more than two million people. Toronto is a safe and clean "people place" which celebrates the activities, food and entertainment of more than 60 cultures represented throughout the city. The United Nations recognizes Toronto as the most culturally diverse city in the w...