Doctorate in Economics at CERGE-EI
The PhD in Economics at the CERGE-EI in Prague is designed for outstanding students who desire rigorous graduate education in economics at a modern, international institution with the goal of pursuing an academic career or entering a high-level position in an international organization, central bank, government ministry or in the private sector.
CERGE-EI's rigorous PhD in Economics education course consists of the 2-year masters in economics course work followed by a 3-4 year PhD programme of supervised dissertation research.
CERGE-EI's PhD in Economics is a
- Joint program of Charles University in Prague and the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- US trained faculty. Professors hold PhD degrees from top insitutions, including Princeton; Johns Hopkins; the Universities of Chicago, Pittsburgh, Michigan; Washington University in St. Louis; the London School of Economics; and other
- Students from more than 30 countries
- Western-style education
- All courses in English. Professional, Economic-specific English language courses and research skills taught by the Academic Skills Center
- Students spend part of study in the leading universities in Western Europe and North America, like Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, University of California at Berkeley, Cambridge, Université Libre de Bruxelles, University of Essex, etc.
Upon completion of the PhD in Economics, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful economics-related careers as, for instance, chief economists of international banks, academics at universities or research institutions, or governmental ministers as policy advisors.
Admission requirements for the PhD in Economics at the CERGE-EI in Prague are:
- hold at least a Master's degree or equivalent
- strong background in mathematics
- sufficient proficiency in English
- previous education in economics is welcomed, not required
The PhD in Economics at the CERGE-EI in Prague is tuition-free for most students. Students also typically receive financial support toward living costs based on their previous education and qualifications.
Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute (CERGE-EI) offers world-class graduate education in Economics to students from around the world with a special focus on transition countries of Central and Eastern Europe, CIS, South Caucasus, and other...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!