Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Cracow University of Economics offers new, innovative part-time Ph.D. Studies in Economics, Finance and Management (EFM). These studies, conducted in English, are for candidates interested in academic research, willing to explore multidisciplinary research opportunities which are given at CUE. The aim of the programme is to educate future researchers, teachers and professionals, and to contribute to the development and application of scientific knowledge at an international level.
The programme lasts 3 years (6 semesters) while, after the first two years, students will select and pursue one of the two study profiles: Economics and Finance or Management. Starting from the first year doctoral students will participate in Ph.D. seminars.
During their studies, the PhD students will focus on:
- adopting and applying modern computer-aided qualitative and quantitative research methodologies as well as tools for data analysis to pursue her/his interests in the chosen field,
- integrating the contemporary knowledge with new findings and presenting them in the form of scientific research projects,
- exploring other research interests through elective courses,
- summarising the earned knowledge in the form doctoral dissertation, presented at a public defence.
- Application form
- Copy of official Identification Document (ID)* or passport (with visa, if applicable). Please copy this side of the document which contains the photo (and visa, if applicable)
- Original Master's diploma or its equivalent (Legalised, translated and nostrified)
- 2 photographs (45mm x 65mm and 35mm x45mm)
- Diploma's supplement with explicitly stated GPA, or transcript of records (Legalised and translated)
- Document validating sufficient knowledge of English
- Medical certificate concerning candidate's health
- Copy of health insurance
- Additional documents (translated into Polish if applicable)
- List of publications
- Participations in conferences
- Academic awards, citations
- International experience (exchange programs, international traineeships), etc.
*Only those national ID's, which are legally acknowledged by the Republic of Poland will be considered (e.g., ID's from Schengen Area).
All documents should be collected together and sent to the International Programmes Office at the following address:
Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny w Krakowie
International Programmes Office (Stróżówka- Doctoral studies- EFM)
ul. Rakowicka 27
31-510 Kraków, Poland
Tuition & fees
All students enrolled in the part-time Doctoral Studies ale liable to pay tuition fees.
The tuition fee is the same for EU and non-EU candidates:
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th semester: 2 500 EURO per semester
5th and 6th semester: 1 750 EURO per semester
7th and 8th semester: 1 500 EURO per semester
Application fee: 100 EURO
Cracow University of Economics (Krakow)
Cracow University of Economics, founded in 1925, is the largest university of economics in Poland. Situated in Krakow, a leading academic center, it is proud of being ranked in the top schools of economics within the country. It consists of...
Location & accommodation
Poland is situated in Central Europe with a population of over 38 million. Krakow is one of the major cities of the country. It used to be the former capital of Poland and has a history of more than a thousand years. The city is located in the southern part in the vicinity of the Tatra and Beskidy Mountains. Krakow has a unique atmosphere created by beautiful, old architecture and mainly by numerous...