Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study culinary arts in Switzerland
The Swiss Higher Diploma in Culinary Studies and Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts at the Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland is an advanced education programme in the culinary arts.
The Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland's Swiss Higher Diploma in Culinary Studies and Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts is made up of 2 terms, each lasting 11 weeks, at the school's Le Bouveret campus followed by a 6-month internship. The education programme builds on the solid skills students acquire in the Swiss Advanced Certificate in Culinary Arts & Certificate of Higher Education at the Culinary Arts Academy Switerland. The Foundation Degree goes further by broadening both culinary experience and managerial competencies, and is offered in partnership with the Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK.
The Swiss Higher Diploma in Culinary Studies portion of the education programme is accredited by the Canton of Valais, Switzerland. Practical assignments require students to have managerial and organisational skills in preparation for the culminating 6-month internship. Upon completion of the Swiss Higher Diploma in Culinary Studies and Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the culinary arts or may decide to continue their studies toward a Bachelors degree in Culinary Arts.
- International Cuisines from Classical to Fusion
- International Cuisines
- Advanced Culinary Techniques 1
- Art and Science of Wine and Beverages
- Food and Beverage Management
- Organizational Management and Marketing
- Advanced Food Concepts
- Restaurant Planning and Cost Control
- Advanced Culinary Techniques 2
- International Baking and Pastry
- Restaurant Service and Management
- Business and Legal Environment
Admission requirements for the Swiss Higher Diploma in Culinary Studies and Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts at the Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland are:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- completion of the Swiss Advanced Certificate in Culinary Arts & Certificate of Higher Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- English TOEFL 500+, IELTS 5.0 or 50+ points on the Oxford Online Placement Test**
- Prior work experience or diplomas from other culinary schools will be evaluated on individual basis
The Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland is an educational institution of fine traditions, modern training facilities, and the latest management methods, all located in the heart of Europe in Switzerland. The passion and dedication of the Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland aims...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!