Welcome to the Faculty of Arts & Education at Deakin!
Deakin University's Faculty of Arts & Education provides students from all over the world with an intellectually exciting education grounded in core disciplines. Deakin students develop vocational skills that will aid them in successful careers within the workplace of the 21st century.
The Faculty of Arts & Education at Deakin offers programs covering the Creative Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Education. Teaching and research focus within the fields of media, history, literary studies, philosophy, politics, sociology, international studies, visual arts, education, and criminology, to name a few.
The following schools and centres are found within this Faculty of Arts & Education:
- School of Communication and Creative Arts - diverse curriculum in the artistic and communicative fields
- School of Education - courses encompassing school education and life-long learning
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences - provides knowledge of the modern world, its international features, and its social and cultural dynamics
- Centre for Citizenship, Development and Human Rights - contributes to socio-political theory, analysis and practice aimed at supporting human rights, citizenship, third sector organisations and democracy
- Centre for Partnerships and Projects in Education - participates in a range of community partnerships and educational projects
- Cultural Heritage Centre for Asia and the Pacific - a leading research centre in the heritage and museum studies field
- Centre for Teaching Asian Languages and Cultures - offers teaching Languages Other Than English (LOTE) programs and language programs
Students at Deakin engage with dedicated professional staff and quality lecturers on a daily basis. The Faculty of Arts & Education encourages pure and applied research across all its disciplines with internationally renowned researchers who share their findings with their students.
The Faculty of Arts & Education offers various opportunites for students to complete internships and work placements, both locally and internationally. Education programs are flexible, allowing students with different time and location needs to pursue a professional academic curriculum. Students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts & Education at Deakin University in Australia are prepared for a wide range of exciting careers and professions!
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!