Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Associate Degree in Studio ArtsDelaware County Community College (DCCC)
Associate Degree in Studio Arts - Delaware County Community College (DCCC)
Through this associate degree, students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of mixed media and its application within painting and drawing, with the goal of developing a variety of techniques and conceptual ideas. The course will also cover a variety of art history topics. Graduates of this program will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Drawing and painting utilizing perceptual means
- An understanding of the elements and principles of two and three dimensional design principles
- An understanding of the dynamics of basic color theory including the manipulation of hue, value and chroma
- Manipulation of the concept of the picture plane
- An understanding of the forms and concepts associated with the history of art
- The application of digital technology and or digital photographic technology
- The application of objective and non-objective subject matter in addition to utilizing traditional figurative motifs
- Practicing critical thinking skills through the production and evaluation of artwork
- Producing a portfolio of artworks that demonstrates all of the above principles.
To learn more about this course, contact DCCC via the information request button below.
For admission to DCCC, students must show proof of high school graduation.
Please contact DCCC via the information request form below to learn about the tuition and fees associated with this program.
Delaware County Community College (DCCC)
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) is a public two-year college in Media, Pennsylvania, with a current enrollment of 12,500 students (including 200 international students from over 50 countries). Offering over 40 degree programs, students can complete a two-year associate degree...