Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study an online course in olive oil
Old as humans, sacred as ancient rites, so valuable that they were considered gods' gifts to humankind, the olive tree and olive oil appeared in the Mediterranean Basin and became dominant and permanent fixtures of its landscape. This programme delves into the history and culture of the olive tree and olive oil and emphasises their nutritional value and concerns those students with a particular interest in the above mentioned.
The main purpose of the programme is to get the student in contact with the olives and olive oil, to be able to recognize the importance and the benefits in their daily lives.
This program explores:
- The route of the olive and olive oil through the ages and their importance in everyday life of ancient and modern Greeks with respect to nutrition, health, art, culture, tradition and religion.
- The varieties of olives grown in Greece, and the characteristics of the olives.
- The various types of olive oil marketed (virgin, extra virgin, refined, olive oil PDO, organic, etc.) depending on the composition and quality characteristics
- The production of high quality oil and the main types of mills
- The characteristics of the Mediterranean diet and the role of oil in this
- The benefits of olive oil in the daily diet and its contribution to health
Cultural history olives - olive oil
- Origin of the olive tree and its significance in antiquity
- Olive in latter years and uses of olive oil
- Elia - Olive oil, religion and art
Olive and olive oil
- The olive tree
- Olive oil
The nutritional value of olives and olive oil-Olive oil and health
- Olives and olive oil
- Mediterranean diet, Olive oil and health
Study at a leading online university
Founded in 1837, The University of Athens is the first university not only in Greece, but also both the Balkan peninsula and the Eastern Mediterranean region. The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens is the largest state institution of higher...