Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Florida Southern College offers a Accounting, Bachelor of Science programme. How would you like to have an impact on a company's future? Does the idea of classifying, analyzing, and interpreting the financial records of a company sound like an ideal career? Would you like to play a key role in company mergers and acquisitions?
You may be an accountant in the making. As an accountant, you will learn how business works and which factors drive business and profits. You'll evaluate records drawn up by a bookkeeper and present the results of your investigation as losses and gains, leakages, economies, or changes in value. In essence, you'd be revealing the progress or failure of a business and also its future limitations and possibilities.
The FSC accounting program prepares you to take the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) examination in the state of Florida (and many other states), and the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examination. In addition, you can take 30 additional hours to meet the state requirement of 154 semester credit hours to become certified as a CPA at either the undergraduate level, the graduate level, or a combination of both. Exciting electives, such as Forensic Accounting and Internship in Accounting, help to prepare you for your particular career.
· Develop the skills necessary for arriving at a comprehensive view of the economic and the legal aspects of a business.
· Predict the effect of every sort of transaction on the profit-and-loss statement.
· Recognize and classify all other factors that enter into the determination of the true condition of the business, such as statistics or memoranda relating to production; properties; and financial records representing investments, expenditures, receipts, fiscal changes, and present standing.
· Determine cost accounting, which shows the actual cost, over a certain period of time, of particular services rendered or of articles produced. By this system unprofitable ventures, services, departments, and methods may be discovered..
· Expand your thought processes by taking elective courses such as mathematics, quantitative methods, computer information systems, communications, English, and finance.
Florida Southern College
Study abroad in sunny Florida at Florida Southern College
Florida Southern College bas been ranked among the best American colleges by guidebooks. The college stands in the front-line of engaged learning. Florida Southern College can offers its students 50 interesting programs of study. Students at the college enjoy small...