Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Communication and Media Studies
The Communication and Media Studies program aims to cultivate understanding of the role of media in our society and the world, and the ability to facilitate effective communication at the local, global, and global level.
At the theoretical level, students will learn:
- Theories of interpersonal communication
- Mass communication
- Intercultural communication
- International media systems and issues
- The application of theories to various contexts/specific issues
At the practical level, students will:
- Develop effective information gathering and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and flexibility in making sense of information
- Effective writing skills
- Effective listening and speaking skills
- A higher level of interpersonal and intercultural communication competence
- Media literacy
Students who have completed a major in Communication and Media Studies will be prepared to begin at an entry level in the professions of media industries, human resources, public relations and advocacy, marketing and advertising, and consulting. The program will also prepare students to move on to a graduate program in Communication and Media Studies, which will help continue their professional development in such areas as a media and public relations, marketing, media research, and organizational consulting.
Founded in 1969, Franklin University Switzerland is a private, independent university that is located on a hillside in the beautiful city of Lugano. The university offers an innovative approach to liberal arts education and places an emphasis on experiential learning...
Want to know more about Communication and Media Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!