Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Data Science for Life SciencesHanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen
Data Science for Life Sciences
The Data Science for Life Sciences degree program is aimed at a new generation of data scientists who, in addition to conducting research, are able to facilitate and initiate innovations for the Life Science industry. Would you like to specialise further in Data Science?
In the master program in Data Science for Life Sciences (DSLS), you will be combining your knowledge of life sciences with data science. You will work as a professional on new data processing technologies, so contributing to healthcare and innovations in the Life Science industry. In short, you will develop into a data scientist who bridges the gap between domains of life sciences and technology.
You will play an active role in ensuring that the data generated by the exponential growth in databases and medical databases is exploited to the full. The data scientist of the future must be up to speed with new developments in the professional field and must know exactly how and where the necessary information can be gathered and integrated in order to reach a well-informed research conclusion. This master program responds to the growing demand for data scientists and is the first master at a university of applied sciences in this field.
- Bachelor's degree from the Institute for Life Science and Technology
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor's degree in ICT from a university of applied sciences
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Sensor Technology major (with the skills English, Statistics and
- BSc in Biology, Life Sciences, Informatics or equivalent
- English: minimum level of two B2 and two C1 Common
- IELTS 6.5 (with no sub-score below 6)]
- Programming and statistics level: documented proof of knowledge and skills of programming and statistics: a diploma, a certificate, a portfolio or a sufficient mark on
the entry test. The proof should include a description of the content of the technical subject involved.
The core subjects in this program include:
- Omics project (quantified self)
- Preparatory Course
- Data Science l (exploration)
- Programming l (design)
- Reseach & professional skills
- Omics project (integrated omics)
- Data Science ll (modeling)
- Data Science lll (prediction)
- Programming ll (big data)
- Research & professional skills
- Graduation project and thesis
- Reseach & professional skills
Hanze University of Applied Sciences - Groningen, the Netherlands
If you choose to study at Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, you will be joininga learning community where we bring education, applied research and the business field together. And on top of that, you will be living in the best student city of...
Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen
Want to know more about Data Science for Life Sciences? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!