Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Pharmacy TechnicianHumber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Study to become a Pharmacy Technician
The Pharmacy Technician Diploma at Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning in Toronto, Canada is a comprehensive education course in the skills required to be a pharmacy technician.
Humber's 4-semester Pharmacy Technician Diploma provides students with hands-on learning in labs with few students to every teacher, ensuring each students has a complete understanding of the subject matter. Pharmacy education courses cover health-care ethics, inventory management, hospital practice, physiology, legislation, pharmacotherapeutics, and infection control.
Students enrolled in the Pharmacy Technician Diploma gain a better understanding of pharmaceuticals through touring pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesale distributors, and hospitals; attending pharmaceutical conferences; and speaking with guest speakers. The education course finishes with two internships, one at a community pharmacy and one at a hospital pharmacy.
Upon completion of the Pharmacy Technician Diploma, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers as technicians in the field of pharmaceuticals, whether with pharmaceutical manufacturers, computer software companies, long-term care facilities, or community/retail and hospital pharmacies.
Admission requirements for the Pharmacy Technician Diploma at Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning in Toronto, Canada are:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U).
- Language proficiency is an essential skill required for all pharmacy technicians. A pharmacy technician’s ability to communicate is critical in the delivery of safe and effective patient care. For this reason, applicants whose first language is not English must meet the specific English Language Proficiency scores for the Pharmacy Technician program. Applicants must possess one of the following: IELTS – Overall Band 6.5; TOEFL iBT – 91; MELAB – 81. Specific band scores and/or element scores also apply.
- Grade 11 or Grade 12 Mathematics (MBF3C, MCF3M, MCR3U, MAP4C, MCT4C, MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U)
- Grade 11 or Grade 12 Biology (SBI3C, SBI3U or SBI4U) or equivalent
- Grade 11 or Grade 12 Chemistry (SCH3U, SCH4C or SCH4U) or equivalent
- Applicants who do not possess the required courses may complete admission testing to determine equivalencies. Invitation and booking of admission testing is done using the email address provided on the online application
Degree & diploma
Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Tuition & fees
Tuition fees for the Pharmacy Technician Diploma at Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning in Toronto, Canada are for two semesters are:
- domestic $3,392.08
- international $12,800
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Humber College – excellence in polytechnic education
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning is one of Canada’s leading educational institutions and is committed to student success through excellence in learning and teaching. Located in Canada's largest city, Toronto, Humber prides itself on its academic reputation and...
Contact information for Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Want to find out more? Fill in your details below and receive the school's prospectus
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!