Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Diploma in International Housing and Urban DevelopmentInstitute for Housing and Urban Development Studies IHS Erasmus Rotterdam University
Specialize as an urban professional!
This course is designed for urban professionals with at least 3 years of working or research experience. Students can tailor the study program to their own needs and interest by choosing one of the six offered specialization courses:
- Environment & climate change
- Economic development
- Housing and social development
- Services and planning
The housing and urban development program provides an excellent opportunity to enhance and develop your professional skills as an urban manager. Courses in the different specializations on housing, land, regional and urban environmental strategies will be paired with case studies, field trips and group discussions.
The course is structured over three periods as follows:
- Introductory period
A common, one and a half week introductory period, with activities that introduce key issues of urban policy, management and governance, and preparing a common ground of trends and innovations in all six fields of the specializations offered.
- Specialization period
There are two periods with each a four weeks specialization course. Participants have to follow one compulsory course in their own specialization, while the second course is an optional to be selected from the other specializations.
- Closing Period
During the 2 weeks closing period, students will be examined and graded as well as finalize and present their individual study papers.
Applicants interested in applying for the program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a field related to the chosen course.
- Evidence of a sufficient command of English. If English is not your mother tongue an English language test or, in some cases, other proof of English proficiency is required. See section on English Language Test below for further information.
- Have the ability to interact and work with people from very diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Working experience in a relevant field is considered an important asset during the selection procedure.
- Certificates from TOEFL or IELTS as official language tests.
- Chinese applicants are required to apply for a “Nuffic Certificate”. This is a document that provides an assessment of the applicant’s English language proficiency as well as of the educational degrees and diplomas that are required to be eligible for an entry visa to the Netherlands. Nuffic sends this certificate directly to IHS once it has been issued.
Dynamic cities are all about people - how can we make more innovative cities which respond to our needs? This program in Urban Strategies and Planning teaches you how we can contribute in creating better cities through strategic urban planning. Watch this video to learn more!
Founded in 1958, The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is an international center of excellence in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. IHS has almost 60 years of experience in the field of urban management and development in six different areas...
Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies IHS Erasmus Rotterdam University
Want to know more about Diploma in International Housing and Urban Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!