Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Bachelor of Creative Technology (Audio Engineering & Sound Production) at JMC Academy in Australia is a production-based education course in the field of audio engineering and sound production.
JMC Academy's Bachelor of Creative Technology (Audio Engineering & Sound Production) provides students a comprehensive and well-structured curriculum focused on editing, mixing, producing, and recording. Students are taught the business fundamentals of audio engineering and sound production, including music literacy, copyright law, music editing for picture, and midi sequencing. Through incomparable facility upgrades, practical experience, and specific production-based audio units, graduates are positioned for a solid career path in the audio field both locally and internationally.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Creative Technology (Audio Engineering & Sound Production), graduates are well-prepared to launch a successful career in the field of audio engineering and sound production, working as, for instance, music producers, mastering engineers, music editors, local sound engineers, and recording mixers.
Admission requirements for international students applying to the Bachelor of Creative Technology (Audio Engineering & Sound Production) at JMC Academy in Australia are:
- An IELTS score of 6.0, with no single band score below 5.5, or equivalent.
- Successful completion of senior high school. Official transcripts must be submitted, with an English translation, for evaluation by the JMC Academy’s International Services Division.
- Purchase of adequate overseas student health insurance. JMC Academy can arrange this for you and is paid for at the time of initial course fee payment.
- All students must attend an interview, either in person (if in Australia) or by telephone or Skype link if overseas
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the application/assessment process well in advance of class start dates to allow adequate time for processing of documentation.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian sign all admission agreements and a financial responsibility statement.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Established in 1982 by John Martin Cass, JMC Academy was originally founded in Sydney to meet the demand for qualified professionals in the entertainment technology industry. From day one, JMC Academy broke ground as Australia's first private college to qualify...
Location & accommodation
JMC Academy Sydney Campus
The JMC Academy’s Sydney campus is conveniently located in Surry Hills, just a five-minute walk from Central Railway Station (Sydney’s main station). The JMC Academy is located in a creative arts hub, surrounded by galleries, fashion design houses, and graphic design, advertising and media outlets. Trendy cafes and world-famous restaurants are also located in this area. The campus is minutes away...