Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Diploma of Creative Arts (Game Design) at JMC Academy in Australia is an education programme which provides students with an exciting, production-based diploma in game design.
JMC's 30-week Diploma of Creative Arts (Game Design) enables students to explore the creative origination of the design, development, and implementation of ideas into new game environments. Students have the opportunity to apply and exercise their knowledge and skills on integrated student projects, gaining experience in working with music, business, animation, and audio inputs - all crucial to game design.
Education courses included in this Diploma of Creative Arts (Game Design) are:
- Drawing & Concept
- Colour and Design
- Traditional Animation
- Game Development Art
Upon completion of the Diploma of Creative Arts (Game Design), graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of creative arts of game design, working as, for instance, concept artists, level designers, animators, technical artists, or game designers.
Admission requirements for international students applying for the Diploma of Creative Arts (Game Design)at JMC Academy in Australia are
- An IELTS score of 6.0, with no single band score below 5.5, or equivalent.
- Successful completion of senior high school. Official transcripts must be submitted, with an English translation, for evaluation by the JMC Academy’s International Services Division.
- Purchase of adequate overseas student health insurance. JMC Academy can arrange this for you and is paid for at the time of initial course fee payment.
- Applicants for 3D Animation and Game Design courses are required to submit a portfolio of work.
- Contemporary Music Performance applicants are required to sit for an audition. See further details below under Auditions.
- All students must attend an interview, either in person (if in Australia) or by telephone or Skype link if overseas
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the application/assessment process well in advance of class start dates to allow adequate time for processing of documentation.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian sign all admission agreements and a financial responsibility statement.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Established in 1982 by John Martin Cass, JMC Academy was originally founded in Sydney to meet the demand for qualified professionals in the entertainment technology industry. From day one, JMC Academy broke ground as Australia's first private college to qualify...
Location & accommodation
JMC Academy Sydney Campus
The JMC Academy’s Sydney campus is conveniently located in Surry Hills, just a five-minute walk from Central Railway Station (Sydney’s main station). The JMC Academy is located in a creative arts hub, surrounded by galleries, fashion design houses, and graphic design, advertising and media outlets. Trendy cafes and world-famous restaurants are also located in this area. The campus is minutes away...