Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Diploma of Entertainment Business Management at JMC Academy in Australia is an education course in the business management of the fast-growing entertainment industry.
JMC's 30-week Diploma of Entertainment Business Management provides students a solid foundation to become commercially effective and confident business managers, skills which can be applied to successfully running any business. The content of this education curriculum is applicable to working in event management, performing, live touring, marketing, and creative content development. Students are first and foremost equipped with sound business skills within the context of music and entertainment, including accounting, marketing, commerce, and law.
Upon completion of the Diploma of Entertainment Business Management, graduates are well-prepared to launch a successful career in the business of entertainment management in positions such as artist manager, promoter, event manager, promotions director, production music manager, or performance promotions manager.
Admission requirements for international students applying to the Diploma of Entertainment Business Management at JMC Academy in Australia are:
- An IELTS score of 6.0, with no single band score below 5.5, or equivalent.
- Successful completion of senior high school. Official transcripts must be submitted, with an English translation, for evaluation by the JMC Academy’s International Services Division.
- Purchase of adequate overseas student health insurance. JMC Academy can arrange this for you and is paid for at the time of initial course fee payment.
- Applicants for Digital Animation courses are required to submit a portfolio of work.
- Popular Music and Performance applicants are required to sit for an audition. See further details below under Auditions.
- All students must attend an interview, either in person (if in Australia) or by telephone or Skype link if overseas
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the application/assessment process well in advance of class start dates to allow adequate time for processing of documentation.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian sign all admission agreements and a financial responsibility statement.
Established in 1982 by John Martin Cass, JMC Academy was originally founded in Sydney to meet the demand for qualified professionals in the entertainment technology industry. From day one, JMC Academy broke ground as Australia's first private college to qualify...
Location & accommodation
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
JMC Academy Sydney Campus
The JMC Academy’s Sydney campus is conveniently located in Surry Hills, just a five-minute walk from Central Railway Station (Sydney’s main station). The JMC Academy is located in a creative arts hub, surrounded by galleries, fashion design houses, and graphic design, advertising and media outlets. Trendy cafes and world-famous restaurants are also located in this area. The campus is minutes away...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!