Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business
The Bachelor's degree in International Business at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences is a high-quality study of various types of management, marketing, business operations, accounting, law, and languages.
The programme focuses on developing the necessary skills and competences fo success in international marketing, with strong emphasis on innovative thinking. Students will have the opportunity to undertake courses that involve direct contact with real businesses and participation in hands-on business projects with emphasis on interaction within multicultural groups.
Over the course of the 3,5 -year Bachelor's degree programme in International Business, students earn a total of 210 credits, and develop their entrepreneurial skills. There are six major focuses of the business curriculum:
- International Business Awareness
- Intercultural Adaptability
- International Operations Management
- International Marketing Management
- International Strategic Management
- Organisational Development
Students also complete a 5-month, business-related practical training period, either locally or internationally, and then a thesis in the form of project work, research work, or applied research. Class structure varies greatly between workshops, case studies, business projects, study trips, seminars, lectures, and video conferencing.
Upon completion of the Degree Programme in International Business, graduates have a wide variety of business career opportunities available to them. These include work within management, planning, and development posts in sales, projects, and marketing of both the private and public sectors. Graduates will be awarded a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
Admission requirements for the Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences are:
- copy of a final degree certificate of a finished education (EU applicants may apply with temporary certificate or a letter from school confirming that they are in the final year of their secondary school studies).
- Eligibility is given by
- Finnish upper secondary education or the Finnish matriculation examination OR
- International Baccalaureate, Reifeprüfung or European Baccalaureate examination OR
- A vocational qualification of at least three years duration OR
- A foreign degree or qualification which gives eligibility for higher education
in the awarding country
- copy of an official translation of the degree certificate into English/Finnish /Swedish if the certificate is not awarded in one of these languages
- Language test certificate - only applicable for non-EU applicants (the following certificates are accepted: IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English, Cambridge ESOL Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English).
The next application period for this programms is from 7th January until 27th January 2015.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Students who complete the Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences earn a Bachelor of Business Administration.
Tuition & fees
Kajaani University of Applied Sciences does not currently charge any tuition fees, although students still need to pay for books and other study material. Students should be prepared for a monthly living cost expenses of about 560 eur.
Familiarise yourself with Kajaani University of Applied Sciences and have a look at this video made by students attending the university. The video was made as a part of a one of their courses.
Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
Experience Finland at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
Kajaani University of Applied Sciences is a top Finnish education institution aimed at promoting a business-friendly working environment in the region. Established in 1992, this high quality, versatile school is located in the town of Kajaani. It currently has about...
Location & accommodation
Kajaani is a lively town of 38,000 people located in the center of Finland. It is the provincial capital of the Kainuu region, and is about 600 kilometers north of Finland's capital, Helsinki. Kajaani University of Applied Sciences is located in the city center of Kajaani, and makes the many cultural and leisure activities in the city easily accessible. 2,000 students live in Kajaani, and there is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!