Vacation Plus Film - 4 weeks
The 4-week Vacation Plus Film course is ideal for students who want to combine their English language studies with an introduction to filmmaking and film theory for a short time period during the summer.
Students receive 20 lessons (15 hours) of English and filmmaking lessons per week. Topics vary each week, but students receive a brief overview of filmmaking, including pre-production, production, and post-production of a film scene, as well as an introduction to film theory and practice. Group work is an essential element of this course so attendance is critical to students' success in the course.
Course content includes:
1. Contemporary Filmmaking: the history of Hollywood — the business of making films, from blockbusters to independent film
2. Storytelling in Scenes — story structure, concept development, visual storytelling methods
3. Acting Basics — techniques for role preparation, expression through body and language
4. Production — filming techniques, cinematic framing, lighting and sound
5. Post Production — video editing techniques and practice, types of software
Kings Education is an international education group that has been providing top quality programmes for international students in the UK and USA for over 60 years. Our programme range includes innovative English language courses; structured yet fun junior Summer programmes;...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!