Study a BSc in International Psychology at Leiden University
Are you interested in people’s behavior, and would you like to study it? Then becoming a psychologist may be just right for you. Psychology plays a role in every aspect of life and society: in the mental health and wellbeing of people, in education, in recruitment for businesses, in the prevention of accidents, in sports and leisure, in economics and consumer trends, and in the resolution of conflicts between people and countries.
Psychologists are interested in the interplay between emotions and cognition that lies at the basis of the decisions people make. They study people’s behavior and perceptions in a scientific manner, using a variety of methodologies. The Leiden University bachelor’s program allows you to stay broad or specialize during your bachelor’s degree.
This gives you a strong foundation in all main sub-disciplines of psychology and ensures that you will be part of an international classroom. Students from all countries and nationalities are welcomed to the International Bachelor in Psychology. As long as you have an international background, an international orientation or an international future in mind, you should fit right in the program.
If your diploma is considered comparable to a VWO diploma, and your level of English proficiency is sufficient too (see below), you will be admitted to the program.
You will be exempted from having to take the English test if you have:
- Completed your education (secondary and/or higher) in Canada (except Quebec), the USA, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia
- Obtained an (English-taught) International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Successfully completed the Dutch VWO
- An official Bachelor Propedeuse diploma from a Dutch university of applied sciences (hogeschool), with an average level of 7 and a Dutch Senior/Higher General Secondary Education (HAVO) diploma with a 7 for English
If the above does not apply to you, you will have to provide proof of your proficiency, by means of one of the tests below. You have to organize the test yourself. You can take the test before or after you apply for admission. Please, be advised to prepare and register in time. Leiden University accepts three kinds of official tests:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Academic modules only. Minimum score of 6.5
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores are 570 (paper-based) / 230 (computer-based) / 90 (internet based). Original test results should be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service. The TOEFL institution code for Leiden University is 0504. Institutional TOEFL tests are not accepted
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade A-C)
Tuition fees for European & non-European students vary. Please complete an information request form to learn more.
Bachelor in Psychology
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!