Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study an LLM in Advanced Studies In Air and Space Law at Leiden University
The air and space law program is an intensive 1-year advanced master’s at the internationally acclaimed Leiden Law School of Leiden University. This unique program offers a combination of public air law, private air law and space law, both from an international and a European perspective.
The air and space law program is unique. Teaching and research has a clearly defined European dimension and is in line with the highest academic standards. The LLM in air and space program focuses on professional applications, particularly through its internship requirements.
The International Institute of Air and Space Law (IIASL), which houses this advanced master’s specialization, is one of the leading international academic research and teaching institutes in this field. The Institute maintains close relations with national and international organizations and institutions worldwide and enjoys the guidance of a prestigious International Advisory Board.
- positions in law firms or in consulting firms with an aviation and space law practice
- positions at legal departments of airports and airlines, aerospace companies
- positions at civil aviation authorities
- positions at ministries of transportation
- positions in academia
In order to be considered for the Air and Space Law advanced master’s program, students should:
- Have completed their full law degree (offering access to legal practice) with sufficient knowledge of international law. Some prior knowledge of Air and Space Law is certainly an asset, but is not compulsory
- Must have at least five years of professional experience in the field of air and/or space activities, as the program is specifically designed for experienced professionals
- Demonstrate a sufficiently high performance in a general law program, validated by grades on their university degree/transcript and accompanying grade criteria, and two letters of recommendation from current or previous professors and/or employers; have sufficient knowledge of European Law and international organizations
- Proven English language proficiency, demonstrated by way of a TOEFL test (overall score of 600 paper-based/250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based) or IELTS test (overall score of 7.0), evidenced by an appropriate test, occasionally complemented by a telephone interview. in addition to the above-mentioned overall English test scores, minimum band scores of IELTS 6.0 (TOEFL 20) are required for all sub-sections
Applicants whose legal studies did not include these subject areas may be admitted provided they take the compulsory supplementary courses offered by showing documented evidence of relevant (work) experience, i.e., working for a law firm, internships etc.
This information should be include in your curriculum vitae demonstrate a keen interest in aviation and space activities and the legal implications thereof, illustrated by, for example, a letter of motivation, past experience related to the subject i.e., professional experience, publications, or conference papers.
Degree & diploma
Master of Laws in Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law
Tuition & fees
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!