Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
LLM in Advanced Studies in Law and Digital Technologies - Leiden University
This master of law in digital technology program is a focused and demanding postgraduate degree program. It is aimed at both legal professionals and top graduates who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge into the field of law and digital technologies from an international and multidisciplinary perspective.
In this program, you'll acquire in-depth knowledge about legislation and governance regarding internet, computers, mobile devices, persuasive technologies and ambient intelligence.You'll study the multiple modes (i.e. law, contract, and technology) of regulating emerging and converging digital technologies at the global international level, EU level, national level and business levels.
In addition, you'll develop the skills needed to handle and present complex and difficult legal materials, orally and in writing, which you will benefit from in your later professional career. Students may choose to continue to pursue, after graduation, further academic research in the area of law and digital technologies. This advanced studies program is specifically aimed towards international and Dutch legal professionals international and Dutch top-graduates.
To qualify for admission to the Master of Laws Advanced Studies in Law and Digital Technologies program, you must possess:
- A full degree in Law offering access to legal practice in the country where it was obtained, or an equivalent degree from a recognized University/Law School
- Evidence of excellent academic performance, illustrated by way of an academic transcript
- Sufficient academic background in the area of law and digital technologies
- Candidates must also have a keen interest in matters of law and digital technologies, illustrated by a letter of motivation
- Documented evidence of relevant (work) experience, i.e. employment or internship at a law firm, illustrated by way of a detailed curriculum vitae; two letters of reference attesting to good academic and/or professional ability
- Proven English language proficiency, demonstrated by way of a TOEFL test (overall score of 600 paper-based/250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based) or IELTS test (overall score of 7.0), evidenced by an appropriate test, occasionally complemented by a telephone interview. in addition to the above-mentioned overall English test scores, minimum band scores of IELTS 6.0 (TOEFL 20) are required for all sub-sections.
*This requirement does not apply if you have: completed your education in Canada (except Quebec), USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or an International Baccalaureate.
NOTE: Applicants may be offered admission to a pre-sessional English course prior to entry if they have the following English language test scores – this always at the discretion of the program admission board: An overall English score of IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 (TOEFL 80 and 90 respectively) – with no band scores lower than IELTS 5.5 (TOEFL 17) A sufficient overall English score, but one or more band score of IELTS 5.5 (TOEFL 17).
Degree & diploma
Master of Laws in Advanced Studies in Law and Digital Technologies
Tuition & fees
- Part-time: 7,550 (2016-2017)
- Full-time: €15,000 (2016-2017)
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!