Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study an MA in International Relations at Leiden University
The Master's in International Relations provides you with the contextual knowledge and analytical ability to study and comprehend the vast diversity and complexity of our rapidly changing world.
Benefits of the international relations program:
- Leiden University focuses on current global and regional issues.
- Focus on core issues of the European integration process or go beyond the Western world and study other parts of the world
- The curriculum takes seriously the ideas and beliefs that underlie contemporary political changes
- Two specializations avoid theory for the sake of theory, but offer instead a challenging mix of theoretical knowledge and practical experience provided by specialist, academic researchers and experts with direct experience in policy-formulation and policy-making
- Leiden University is the only university in the Netherlands to offer this wealth of area specialists and the extensive range of contacts with national and international government and non-government institutions. Close to The Hague, the legal capital of the world, we benefit from the proximity to the material and human resources concentrated in a centre of government.
- Upon graduation, you may have access to the prestigious MA in International Affairs at the School of Advanced International Studies of Johns Hopkins University, Bologna.
The specifics depend upon the specialization, but in general:
- A bachelor’s degree from a university, equivalent to the level of a Dutch academic bachelor’s degree, or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree, including the General Academic Skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of social sciences, humanities, law or economics.
- Sufficient command of English (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 100 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE); for the ‘speaking’ and ‘writing’ components a minimum score of IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL 25 is required).
Degree & diploma
Master of Arts in International Relations
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!