Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MA LinguisticsLeiden University
Earn an MA in Linguistics at Leiden University
In this programme you focus on linguistics, language, communication or translation, and your choice of a very wide selection of languages.
- Chinese Linguistics
- Comparative Indo-European Linguistics
- English Language and Linguistics
- French Language and Linguistics
- German Language and Linguistics
- Italian Language and Linguistics
- Language and Communication
- Language Diversity of Africa, Asia and Native America
- Theoretical and Experimental Linguistics
- Translation in Theory and Practice (Dutch/English)
This is what you'll get:
- TheLeiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) is an institute with a long-standing international reputation for excellence. Learn from researchers who have been awarded prestigious grants and academic prizes.
- Choose from the largest selection of languages (varying from Chinese to German, from Papuan to Slavic languages, and many more) taught and studied at any institution in the Netherlands or the surrounding region.
- Learn in small groups, where you benefit from greater individual guidance and support.
- Examine issues from abroad range of perspectives and diverse theoretical approaches.
- Gain expertise that is both theoretical and practice-based such as skills in translation or text analysis from a communications standpoint.
The specifics vary according to the specialization, but in general:
- A bachelor’s degree from a university, equivalent to the level of a Dutch academic bachelor’s degree, or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree, including the general academic skills.
- Knowledge of and insight into linguistics comparable with the qualifications acquired by students graduating from the bachelor’s program Linguistics from Leiden University, for example a Bachelor’s degree in China Studies with a focus on or a minor in linguistics.
- Sufficient command of English (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 100 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
Degree & diploma
Master of Arts in Linguistics
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!