Earn an MA in Media Studies at Leiden University
The master’s program in media studies at Leiden University has four specializations, each of which considers the different forms of the media, and how these inter-relate.
- Book and Digital Media Studies
- Comparative Literature and Literary Theory
- Film and Photographic Studies
- Journalism and New Media
What you'll get:
- Study the media from a broad perspective, from literature, film and photography to the new media. This breadth will give you ample opportunity to create cross-connections between the different specialisations.
- Explore present-day media formsand how these are related to one another, while at the same time investigating the roots of this relatively new field.
The specifics depend upon the specialisation, but in general:
- A bachelor’s degree from a university, equivalent to the level of a Dutch academic bachelor’s degree, or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree, including the General Academic Skills.
- Sufficient command of English (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 100 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE); for the ‘writing’ and ‘reading’ components a minimum score of IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL 25 is required).
Master of Arts in Media Studies
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!