Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc ChemistryLeiden University
Earn an MSc in Chemistry at Leiden University
Chemistry is the central science enabling a healthy future in a sustainable society. Chemistry researchers at Leiden take a fundamental approach in finding tailored solutions for complex societal problems in human health and environmental issues.
This MSc in chemistry specializes in:
- Science-Based Business
Within the first four specializations, students may choose two major research areas: chemical biology energy or sustainability. The aim of each program is to train the student as an independent scientist and to develop the necessary skills and proficiency to advance his/her career.
All specializations are intended for students with an internationally recognized bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a BSc degree with a major in chemistry.
The master of science program guarantees thorough research training founded on a profound theoretical basis. MSc students in Leiden work in an environment with many internationally renowned researchers and are able to operate in an international setting. All students with a MSc degree are admissible to a PhD programs.
Reasons to choose chemistry at Leiden
- The Leiden Institute of Chemistry (LIC) is highly acclaimed for the international character of its education with a young and enthusiastic research staff.
- The LIC offers tailor-made individual study programs.
- Students become true members of internationally renowned multidisciplinary research teams.
- The Chemistry MSc program offers ample opportunities for research projects in distinguished groups worldwide or in an industrial environment.
- The high standard of education ensures excellent job prospects in research or industry.
- A BSc degree Molecular Science and Technology (MST) from Leiden/Delft.
- All other students with a BSc degree in chemistry, or in a field related to chemistry, at a different (international) University or HBO Hogeschool, can apply for admission.
- The Board of Admissions judges each application on the basis of the content of the BSc curriculum and on the grades obtained previously.
- In general, only students with an outstanding track record and an outstanding research internship will be admitted. As a guideline, HBO students should have obtained their BSc degree within four years with an average final grade of at least 7.5 and a research internship grade of at least 8.0.
- Copy of English proficiency certificate evidenced by appropriate language test. - IELTS: minimum 6.5 - TOEFL: internet based 90 - Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), minimum grade C
*This requirement does not apply if you have completed your education in Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or or possess an International Baccalaureate. The Education specialization (EDU) requires proof of proficiency in Dutch.
Degree & diploma
Master of Science in Chemistry
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!