Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study an MSc in Computer Science at Leiden University
Leiden University offers five different specialisations in the MSc programme in Computer Science.
Three specialisations are dedicated to the research areas of the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science:
- Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics
- Data Science for Computer Science
The other two specialisations are more broadly oriented, and combine at least one year of the computer science curriculum with training in which specific career opportunities in science-related professions can be explored:
- Computer Science and Science-Based Business.
- Computer Science and Science Communication and Society
Reasons to Choose Computer Science in Leiden
- The programme offers stimulating, significant and innovative research in the field of Computer Science, including recent advances in Data Analytics and Natural Computing.
- Research at the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) has an excellent international reputation.
- The strength of the programmes is the individual approach: an individually tailored programme will be designed for each student.
- The researchers and assistants are easily accessible. Students and staff work closely together in a research-oriented environment.
- Students with an MSc in Computer Science are admissible to a PhD programme.
- It provides students with a thorough computer science background that will allow them to pursue careers in research or industrial environments.
- A BSc degree computer science or a BSc degree with a major in computer science from Leiden University. Students holding such degree will directly be admitted to the program.
- For all other candidates, the Admission Committee will determine the equivalence of their previous training with an aforementioned Bachelor of Science degree.
- Applicants with a higher professional education (hbo) degree in a related field of science are eligible to be admitted to the master’s program.
- Copy of English proficiency certificate evidenced by appropriate language test. - IELTS: minimum 6.5 - TOEFL: internet based 90 - Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), minimum grade C.
- The admission process may include an interview by the Admissions Committee.
*This requirement does not apply if you have: completed your education in Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or an International Baccalaureate.
Degree & diploma
Master of Science in Computer Science
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!