Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Earn an MSc ICT in Business at Leiden University
The focus of the master’s in ICT in business is on the alignment of ICT and management. The MSc program builds on a solid foundation of computer science that students bring from their bachelor’s education, and expands this knowledge and augments it with concepts and methods from the field of management.
The ICT in business aims at providing a deeper understanding of the issues, challenges and opportunities engendered by the rapid changes in information and communication technology (ICT) and its applications over recent years.
These changes have caused major changes for individuals, organizations and industries. The internet, and information systems and communication technology in general, have radically impacted our personal and professional lives. Communication technology has challenged our thinking on physical, geographical and industry boundaries, on distance, speed and communication, on how we live, work, learn, communicate and play. New business models have emerged, as have new types of entrepreneurship and new forms of leadership.
Reasons to Choose ICT in Business in Leiden
- The program offers a managerial focus on ICT and Business, combining the reputation of the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) with that of the RSM Erasmus University (ranked in the top-3 in Europe)
- Both the faculty and the department have a strong international focus: – world-class international faculty and focus on global issues – small groups (30 students), diverse international student population (50%) – cross-cultural team work – study-abroad exchange and in-company research thesis opportunities
- This master’s offers a seamless transition from most bachelor’s programs in computer science.
- Graduates of the master’s program have excellent career opportunities, and typically multiple employment offers upon graduation.
- Students benefit from the department’s strong links to industry with guest lectures, in-company research projects and placement opportunities.
To enter the MSc in ICT in Business program, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related subject is required. Each application is considered individually. The Board of Admissions assesses whether the candidate’s academic background and work experience can be considered to be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Students who have a BSc in Computer Science from Leiden University are directly admissible.
- Proof of English proficiency certificate evidenced by appropriate language test. - IELTS: minimum 6.5 - TOEFL: internet based 90 - Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), minimum grade C This requirement does not apply if you have: completed your education in Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or an International Baccalaureate
*Dutch students with VWO level English are also exempted form this requirement.
Degree & diploma
Master of Science in ICT in Business
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!