Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study an MSc in Industrial Ecology at Leiden University
Industrial ecology is an emergent scientific discipline that promotes a systemic approach to human problems, integrating technical, environmental and social aspects.
It is argued that this approach will show the way to sustainable development. For that reason, industrial ecology is considered to be the ‘toolbox for sustainable development’ or the ‘science of sustainability’.
The master’s in industrial ecology is a co-operation between two Dutch universities:
- Leiden University (Faculty of Science)
- Delft University of Technology (Faculty of Applied Sciences)
Both universities deliver an equivalent contribution to the overall teaching program.
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the Natural Sciences, Engineering Sciences, or Social Sciences from an accredited university program and comparable with three years of Dutch Academic Education.
- The application for admission shall be reviewed by the Board of Admissions.
- For Dutch HBO students, the grade point average of the entire curriculum has to be 7.5 or higher. The student has a demonstrable affinity with multi-disciplinary education and research by showing course modules, summer courses, internships, or other relevant experiences that are within the endterms of the bachelor’s degree, or at least at sufficient academic level, but clearly outside the main field of the bachelor’s degree.
- The student has a demonstrable interest in the field of industrial ecology and can show in a motivation letter to the admission committee at least one relevant example of the relation between his/her bachelor’s education or previous experience and an academic contribution to the field of Industrial Ecology.
- Proof of English proficiency certificate evidenced by appropriate language test. - IELTS: minimum 6.5 - TOEFL: internet based 90 - Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), minimum grade C
Degree & diploma
Master of Science in Industrial Ecology
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!