Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc Life Science and TechnologyLeiden University
Study an MSc in Life Science and Technology at Leiden University
The master’s in life science and technology and Education is a 1-year research program (in English) and a 1-year education component (in Dutch). This program provides students with the teaching qualification needed for teaching at all levels in Dutch high schools (the so-called eerstegraads lesbevoegdheid).
Reasons to Choose Life Science & Technology in Leiden
- Life Science & Technology educates MSc students in fundamental academic and applied technology elements within Life Sciences.
- This master’s program is based on the collaboration between the two internationally well-known Leiden Institute of Chemistry and the Biotechnology Institute, Delft University of Technology.
- Students will become full members of the various multidisciplinary internationally reputed research groups.
- This master’s program offers opportunities for carrying out research projects in excellent research groups worldwide and in industrial situations. The high standard of education and research facilities ensure excellent job prospects in industry, government and academia.
- A BSc degree Life Science and Technology (LST) from Leiden/Delft. All other students with a BSc degree in Life Sciences, or in a field related to the Life Sciences, at a different (international) University or HBO Hogeschool, can apply for admission.
- The Board of Admissions judges each application on the basis of the content of the BSc curriculum and on the grades obtained previously.
- In general, only students with an outstanding track record and an outstanding research internship will be admitted.
- As a guideline, HBO students should have obtained their BSc degree within four years with an average final grade of at least 7.5 and a research internship grade of at least 8.0.
- Proof of English proficiency certificate evidenced by appropriate language test. - IELTS: minimum 6.5 - TOEFL: internet based 90 - Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), minimum grade C
*This requirement does not apply if you have completed your education in Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or possess an International Baccalaureate
*The Education specialization (EDU) requires proof of proficiency in Dutch.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Master of Science in Life Science and Technology
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...