MSc MathematicsLeiden University
Earn an MSc Mathematics at Leiden University
The master’s program in mathematics at Leiden focuses on analysis, probability and statistics, number theory and (arithmetic) geometry. Students may choose to specialize in a specific area to enhance their knowledge of a particular field.
- Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory
- Applied Mathematics
- Mathematics and Education
- Mathematics and Science Communication and Society
- Mathematics and Science-Based Business
The Leiden Mathematical Institute
The Leiden Mathematical Institute is a modern institute aiming at excellence both in research and in education. Many well-known Dutch mathematicians work and have worked here, such as, for example, analyst Thomas J. Stieltjes, who gave his name to the Stieltjes integral, and number theorist Hendrik D. Kloosterman, who was the inventor of the Kloosterman sum. The influence of both these mathematicians can still be felt today, with the Institute’s distinct dual focus on both analysis and number theory.
- A BSc degree in Mathematics or a BSc major in Mathematics, obtained at a Dutch university. Students holding such a degree will directly be admitted to the program.
- For all other candidates, an Admission Committee will judge the equivalence of their previous training to this Bachelor of Science degree. The choice in optional courses in the Master of Science program may be limited by the need to adapt the program to the actual knowledge of the candidate.
- The admission process may include an interview by the Admissions Committee.
- Applicants with a higher professional education (HBO) degree in a related field of science may be eligible to be admitted to the master’s program.
- Copy of English proficiency certificate evidenced by appropriate language test. - IELTS: minimum 6.5 - TOEFL: internet based 90 - Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), minimum grade C.
*This requirement does not apply if you have: completed your education in Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or an International Baccalaureate.
Master of Science in Mathematics
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!