Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc PhysicsLeiden University
Earn an MSc in Physics at Leiden University
The MSc program in physics offers 2-year research specializations, which are connected to the research carried out at the Leiden Institute of Physics (LION). The physics curriculum offers advanced training in which specific career opportunities in science-related professions can be explored.
- Physics and Education
- Physics and Science Communication and Society
- Physics and Science-Based Business
- Research in Physics, Biological and Soft Matter Physics
- Research in Physics, Cosmology
- Research in Physics, pre-PhD ('Casimir')
- Research in Physics, Quantum Matter and Optics
- Research in Physics, theoretical
Leiden University is known for its top-level international research and excellent research groups, both theoretical and experimental, in which master’s students participate during their research projects. Many master’s students obtain their degree with a publication in an international journal.
- BSc degree in physics.
- Students from any university in the Netherlands with a BSc degree in physics will be admitted to the program.
- For all other candidates, the Board of Admissions will judge the equivalence to this BSc degree of their previous training. Notably, applicants with a major in physics will be considered.
Degree & diploma
Master of Science in Physics
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!