Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Earn an MSc in Vitality and Ageing at Leiden University
At present we are experiencing an unprecedented senior population growth, which means that older people and related ageing issues are more prominent than ever. More than half of all elderly people, who have ever lived, are alive today.
Thanks to recent advances in medical research concerning treatment of cumulative damage sustained by the ageing body, experts of the field have a wider range of tools at their disposal to assist ageing patients. Because of these advances, the ageing process can be (partially) avoided and extended if sufficient energy is invested into maintenance and repair.
What you'll get
- Group of international students
- Intensive supervision and personal development
- Multidisciplinary programme
- Theoretical and practical
- Excellent national and international teachers
Upon successful completion of the master’s degree, graduates will be able to shape the future of the ageing society.
Applications will be reviewed by the admission committee. Students will be admitted if they have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a high-level university that shows sufficient skills
- Understanding and knowledge of human biological mechanisms and the human body a sufficient level of English* for IELTS each test component must score a minimum of 6.5 TOEFL score 58 (computer-based, overall 232), 144 (paper-based, overall 575) or 23 (internet-based, overall 90) C1 level within CEF (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Degree & diploma
Master of Science in Vitality and Ageing
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Location & accommodation
Leiden, the Netherlands
Life in Leiden is greatly influenced by the relatively large number of students, as most of them both live and study in the historic city of Leiden, which has approxomately 120.000 inhabitants. Leiden University does not have a campus, but the city is it’s campus. You will almost always run into someone you know when you go shopping or when you go out at night. Since Leiden is...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!