Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc in Outdoor and Sustainability Education
The MSc in Outdoor and Sustainability Education program aims to provide students with knowledge and understanding of how outdoor studies can enhance learning and contribute to health, sustainable development and an active citizenship. The program focuses on experiential learning based on nature, culture and society.
Teaching includes outdoor field-related experiences and learning in and via natural and cultural landscapes. The advanced courses in educational science will help teachers and other educators to understand learning processes and how the society, nature and the cultural landscape can be used as resources for learning and understanding.
Students enrolled in this program will:
- Increase their knowledge about children’s and young people’s understanding and learning processes in the extended classroom
- Further develop their knowledge of how outdoor environmental education and outdoor life can contribute to awareness of environmental issues
- Learn about the connections between outdoor education and health, citizenship and sustainability
- Develop a thematic perspective on how the urban and rural landscape can be used as a resource for learning
- Develop their skills in field work in real environments
Applications for Linköping University's international degree programs starting in autumn 2018, are now open!
Applicants wishing to enter this MSc program should meet the following requirements:
A Teacher or Pre-school Teacher Degree of at least 180 ECTS or a Bachelor's Degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, with a major in Education or the equivalent.
English, corresponding to the level of English achieved in Swedish upper secondary education (English B/ English 6).
Tuition & fees
Tuition for the academic year is:
- Citizens from within the EU/EEA and Switzerland: No tuition fees
- All others: approx. USD 13,000/EUR 12,000 (SEK 110,000) per academic year
Linköping University in Sweden
Linköping University (LiU) is a research-based university offering excellence in education. Located in Linköping and Norrköping in east Sweden, about 150 kilometres south of Stockholm. With over 27,000 students, the majority study in Linköping, on Campus Valla or the University Hospital Campus, and one...