Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master’s in Media and Communication ManagementMacromedia University of Applied Sciences
Learn to Manage Media and Communication
Media Management and Communication Management, the title says it all: Students are equipped to efficiently and professionally manage media products and media companies. The needs of the media industry of tomorrow dictates contents: Cross-media skills, entrepreneurship and responsibility.”
- Professor Dr. Dr. Castulus Kolo
In the media sector there is a great demand for managers with strategic skills. This is because the successful management of a media business and the development of media products takes an extremely broad knowledge of social trends and developments combined with business management expertise. Decision-makers with sound judgement are in demand.
The Master’s degree in Media and Communication Management is aimed at outstanding graduates from the fields of business administration, communication science or related areas and young professionals from agencies, communications departments, marketing and media companies, who wish to hold technical and management positions. The course, which takes a firm cross-media approach, develops entrepreneurial thinking and working.
All facets of strategic and operational management are combined with a deeper knowledge of business administration, comprehensive project know-how and practical application to case studies. Students are enabled to see media development in the overall context of social change. Graduates are able not only to understand the media but to shape and direct it.
All applicants from other countries must meet the following criteria before they can be admitted to a course of study.
For Master's degree courses: academic degrees from other countries, including EU member states, must be certified as being equivalent to the academic degrees awarded in the Free State of Bavaria.
Admission to the Master's degree courses at the MHMK is governed by the Free State of Bavaria Regulations on Qualifications for University Studies (§43 of the Bavarian University Regulations), as last amended. Accordingly, a first university degree or equivalent qualification is a prerequisite for admission to the Master's degree courses. The academic degree must at least be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree with 180 ECTS.
In addition, applicants are required to provide the following:
- Internetbased TOEFL test with a minimum of 81 out of 120 points (this is equivalent to 500 points in the pbT) or IELTS with a minimum of 6.0 points.
- Letter of recommendation from a professor
- Letter of motivation (two A4 pages)
The Application Process:
The application procedure for MHMK is in 2 steps:
Step 1: Submit application portfolio with the following documents:
- MHMK application form completed and signed
- Copy of ID card/passport
- Signed CV
- Copy of entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife)
- Certified copy of university degree (This certificate can be submitted up to 1 October 2009)
- Proof of TOEFL test with a minimum of 81 out of 120 points in the internetbased TOEFL test (this is equivalent to 500 points in the paperbased TOEFL) or IELTS with a minimum of 6.0 points.
- Letter of recommendation from a professor
- Letter of motivation, two A4 pages, 12 pt font size with 1.5 line spacing)
- Certificate of deregistration, if you have previously attended another university (can also be submitted at a later date)
Please send the documents to Macromedia University for Media and Communication, International Office – Master's program, Mehringdamm3, 10961 Berlin, Germany
Step 2: The interview
After the application has been punctually submitted, applicants who fulfil the formal criteria are invited by the Student Advisory Service for a telephone/skype interview with the Professor who chairs the degree program. The interview lasts around 45 minutes.
The application documents and the interview are intended to establish the applicant's aptitude for the planned course of study and form the criteria for admission. The final decision is made by the chair of the course concerned. Applicants will be informed in writing whether they have been accepted. Reasons for rejection will be given.
Tuition & fees
Students with a passport from EU-countries or a proof of residence in Germany of at least 2 years:
- RegistrationFee: 200 euro
- Full time studies 4 instalments a 5.400 euro
- Part time Studies 8 instalments a 2.700 euro
Students with other passports:
- Registration Fee: 500 euro
- Full time studies 4 instalments a 6.150 euro
- Part time studies 8 instalments a 3.075 euro
Macromedia University of Applied Sciences - BA and MA Programs
Developments in our society follow the rhythm of technological progress, between the cornerstones of globalization and mediatization. Macromedia University follows these developments in its capacity as a university, and conceives itself as a place for reflecting on all aspects of...